LANCASTER's Improvments

no i’m not working for them, just like to share whats going on at the track to help promote. its my “home” track so i want to see the place grow to what it was again.

as for the title i just figured if it was strictly lancaster it would make more sense for posting anything in the thread, instead of creating a new one. no big deal.

Went last Friday with the family to watch the jet cars lots of improvements :tup:

@Onyx_Z32 give @95dime permission like a build thread to change thread titles and stuff so its appealing to check this thread out and see whats going on at the track

Anyone want to do a run or 2 against me at Lancaster tonight? I’ll be there for about an hour starting around 6:30 or 7.

This week is bad for me but hoping for next. Buddy wants to test out hid G8 mods too.

Not on a Wednesday with no prep…

I’m not going to break any speed records… Just for fun.

Breaking records isn’t my concern getting sideways and hitting a wall is :lol:

It’s sketchy as fuck hitting 2nd and getting sideways and that was just with bolt ons last year.

The track is solid on tuesdays though :tup:

I am not the biggest drag racing fan, but does the prep wear off that quickly?

True, yeah, I haven’t had any sideways problems yet, although I do spin through most of 1st and 2nd and a bit in 3rd. I’ll have to try it on a Tues sometime.

My buddy (with the G8 and Camaro) and I are planning on heading out Wednesday night, just to fool around. I need to get some runs in to test out the new TT and he needs to run the G8 to test out his motor / tranny mods. Let me know if anyone is considering heading over.

You’re really better off going Tuesday when they prep.

Great statement…:tup:

No, I got it. It’s more of a time availability issues right now more than anything. Hooks like mad on the street so I’m going to go on the assumption that even without prep, it’s going to hook and rip out there.

Had a chance to sneak out last Wednesday to do some “testing”. My buddy brought his G8, which he recently made some changes to (motor and tranny) and he was doing some data logging for his tuner. Pretty apparent that drag slicks were a requirement. Even though my car hooks like mad on the street, on the track…not so much. Even with a prepped track I’m going to assume the need for more of a track setup so I have some thinking to do. Like Choda says…bring slicks, not excuses.

Nice video :tup:. Yeah, it’s impossible to hook up there on grudge night. I spin most of the way down. Fastest I could muster up was a 8.78, mostly I run low 9s on Wed, all on stock P Zeros.

When a track is prepped properly it should hook farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than the street.

I actually thought that even unprepped, with a smoother “rubbery” surface, I should have hooked better than I do on the street, which was pretty impressive so far. So not the case.

Bringing slicks or a drag radials with a manual car on a Wednesday isn’t going to help that much

I’ve cut 1.3 60’s on a Wednesday… I don’t see what the big issue is :stuck_out_tongue:

Tracks when not prepped can be slicker than the street, yes. Tuesdays the track prep is just as good as a Friday. The only difference is when the sun goes down the track doesn’t hook as well on Tuesdays because there aren’t as many quicker cars putting heat in the track. Usually around 9pm I would see my 60’s slow down into the 1.34-1.35 range.