NYSpeed member makes front page (Also Dunntire Raceway $$ Problems)

I know I’m opening myself up on this one but going to post it anyway. Surprised when I got to work today and my customer told me that he thinks I made the Buffalo News. As it turns out, the news was doing a story on the current situation of the Lancaster (Dunn Tire) Speedway and they decided to use one of my races against a mustang as the cover photo. There’s video in the Buffalo News internet version. Thought it was pretty cool. Don’t know if the “stang boys” are members too but post if you are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18278[/ATTACH]

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article451181.ece

I can never understand how you can get hundreds of thousands behind in taxes. You have to have a lot of sales(profits) to owe that much in taxes. If you don’t have money for taxes you are doing it wrong. Unless of course it is property taxes but I kind of doubt he owed over $700,000 in property taxes. Just sayin.

Edit: I guess it wasn’t all taxes after reading it again but still.

I’m not an accountant but it does sound like alot. Taxes are a huge part of any business and sometimes it’s not hard to get behind. I don’t know enough about how his business ran to make an educated statement. I do however appreciate his efforts to keep the place open. As much as people rag on cruise night, it’s still a place for people to meet and hang out. Everyone seems to go for different reasons and it would be a shame if the track wasn’t available anymore.

Just moving my post from the sightings thread.

I went to a tractor pull there last year too. It was siqqqq, and before ya’ll say anything, this is not my father:

I seen that at work when the papers came in. I looked at the photo and thought I seen the 300z on here before. That’s cool.

But yeah after reading the article, shits wack.

consider the situation you’d think they’d be faster returning emails about coordinating more events…

this is what happens when you go from racing every saturday, to racing 6 saturdays a year.

i remember when lancaster had packed stands, modifieds every weekend, and alot of cars.

when they wouldnt let the super stocks run DOT tires and forced them to run over prices slicks as a track tire rule, they had 12 cars, and died, meanwhile the DOT tire division had 40 cars.
no common sense there.

they underpaid the sportsmans as the years went on, finally they went from 30 sportsmans down to 9, on a regular basis.
They let the asphalt latemodles get out of control on the rule book, cars that use to cost 10 - 20,000 were now in the upper 60’s which also killed a division where 500 bucks was the payout.

It was all avoidable.

lol, 55 seconds in that duramax with the stacks. jake, he lives around the corner from me.

they really need to make some changes if they want to turn that place around. they dont have enough going on there.

Without that track the Tim Horton’s on Genesee would just go out of business…

I highly doubt any Tim Hortons will go out of business.
I think this is his way of promoting to get people to come out by saying every year they might be closing. I like how he says they are getting 5-10,000 attendance at S&R but its free to get in. He doesnt mention that they are charging $5 to race down the track or how much profit they are making on selling beer and food that night.

Haha the kid driving the mustang is a buddy of mine. He is on here but he never posts.

A promoter with over $700,000 in judgements against him may not be the best guy for the job. Just sayin.

Over the last few years they started setting up an offroad area (along the drag return lane behind the oval) with trails, rocks, log trap and mud bogs. It started gaining steam as a local legal place to go but last year were randomly canceling events. Nothing on the website just a sign at the entrance the morning of. Out of 6 planned events last year only 2 took place. This year they tried leasing out the offroad area but could not get any bites.

They cancelled the events due to it being… too wet. lol. Although from what I understand that area was supposedly under 12" of water.

Hence my triple dots at the end of the sentence
Just watching the video, it seemed like he got caught in his own lie mid-sentence, and the only store he could think of that was close was Tim Horton’s.
The tops distribution center and the asphalt company? I know that seafood place in down Genesee, but I think that does just fine for itself.
If it went away I can’t think of another business that would be grossly negatively affected by it’s departure. I am not saying there are no benefits to having it, but I don’t agree with what he said.

Buffalo Filter is opening up right at the corner…

seen joelster on there too

the interviewer was a a douche. and seems like they didnt take him seriously. not sure who to agree with about how much they are making and where the money is going

i saw the z on the front, looks good

hahahaha my buddy roached that same mustang wit his 240 lol

Haha he told me about that. He said it moved out pretty well.

All tracks are in a bind right now. But people have been saying Lancaster is going under for years so it’s hard to tell what’s real from rumor.