NYSpeed member makes front page (Also Dunntire Raceway $$ Problems)

Again, I’m no business wizard but when you’re running an operation that’s only really open a couple months out of the year, it’s got to be hard when the weather takes a shit like it did this Spring. As I said before, the costs associated with operating that property (property taxes, licenses) must be pretty sizeable. I don’t think I even want to know what the liability insurances must be for a facility that encourages high speeds produced by combustable liquids and gasses. I’m not saying he’s the best business person in the bunch, but if he’s truly doing it for the love of the sport then I think we should give him some credit. Again, people can complain about Thuderdome and he conditions of the track but where would everyone go if it wasn’t there? I’m sure there are plenty of people who’d like to see it gone but you can bet they are the blue hairs that don’t even like to see high performance or custom cars on their street.

Thanks for posting. Good read.

Thanks for the dyno. Wish the numbers were higher!

I can’t see any of the tracks in WNY outside of Ransomville doing pretty well with the way things are going.

THIS

I know the owner of lancaster speedway and the word on the street is after this saturday there closing for good. Shitty

Do you have anything more than what the grapevine is saying?

My dad says it was in the news paper sometime this week idk when tho. he said he already filed bankruptcy.

This is because the track sucks and no money was put into it anymore to make people want to race there.

We talked about this recently here:

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?221705-Local-NYSpeed-member-makes-the-front-page&highlight=local+nyspeed

And there’s a link to a video on the Buffalo News where they interview him and talk about his financial woes. Is it anything different than this?

^^ Yep. Moved these posts to this thread.

Dave, do you have this article or is this just hearsay? If he has already filed for bankruptcy I feel like we’d know by now.

Bankruptcy = Public knowledge.