NYSpeed Track Day #2 - Feedback

good times…I shit the bed durring fast car laps

so only use my last 2 laps josh…those first two laps sucked something horrible

that was a fun time, I JUST got back. took the tow truck 2 hours to come and get Tony’s celica.

it was nice to meet some of you, sorry if i was kinda quiet today, i’ve been fuckin tired as hell.

Had a great time today. Thank you for taking care of Tony. Next time you’re in Buffalo, give us a call. We can hang out and have couple drinks or so.

yea it’s no prob at all. my plans for the night fell through so i didn’t mind.
I don’t have anyones # but i’d be down for drinks whenever. i’m moving into my apartment tomorrow in amherst then i’ll be down for good sept 2nd, so i can start making it out to meets again :tup: hopefully with a painted car too. :shutters at uglieness of the cav today:

:tup:yeah thanks again for staying with tony and helping him out. I tried calling him for a while and couldn’t get a hold of him :frowning:

Was a good time today at the track once I fixed my tire pressure and had warm tires :slight_smile:

and they were?

Good times, for the most part other than the one thing I had a MAJOR issue with (from a safety standpoint). The Porsche made it 3 turns before it shit the bed, amusing how close it must’ve been to grenading when I left the BBQ. Oh well. I’ll have a writeup, pics, etc up tomorrow at some point.

A few hiccups, but everyone had fun (I think) and we have some more ideas on how to make things better for next time. :tup:

Shout outs to the hardcore CONE KILLAS, who decided that it was better to change the chicane on the fly then actually develop some skill and conquer it :stuck_out_tongue:

We won’t name the guilty parties just yet.

Where are your videos Joe? I want to see myself driving into the grass :lol:

I had a great time minus the hiccups, but all in all it was a great run event. a fun little technical course.

It took me a while to figure out that my new hancooks < to the old azenis. but you get what you pay for.

Id like to get together with you guys B4 next time and try to help with a bit of safety flag/worker position / drivers meeting guidelines to try and stop the Redflag incidents.

but Tup for CHeap safe legal track time!

that and you guys worried about the stopwatch times Really just need to invest in a transponder.

http://www.hrpworld.com/HotLapInCarLapTimersCompa.cfm?form_prod_id=714,707,587_2571&action=product

I had a great time. I pushed my car super super hard all day, and nothing broke…cept maybe 2 week old rear brake pads that seemed to have vaporized :shrug: and the rotors that ground down to nothing. Advance Auto FTW! Oh yeah, and having ZERO brakes due to extreme fade into Turn 1, leaving me no choice but to RallyX into the bushes. That was not fun…OK it was, but the car didn’t think so. I decided to end my day right there for safetys sake. Hope everybody else had fun, and got some good footage.

Onyx > Cones X 2

1:15.8 for same 1:16:2 for me

the cable for the camera is in my office…I’m pissed though, I taped over 4 min of my own driving w/ your driving

nice

Fastest I found on my camera was a 1:16:24 so far (I timed the same lap 3 times and averaged). I haven’t gotten to the hot lap session between the three of us yet.

It’s amazing how much of a difference changing that chicane can make.

shit mang…that sucks :frowning:

so the chicane (mirror eater) was changed?

uh oh

Paused at the same cone.

Could that be…1:15:98?!

edit: ahh fuck Joe posted 1:15:8, I’m still slower lol

The chicane was much wider. I was at about 105 or 110 at the end of the front straight I believe.

On a sidenote, I owned 3 birds. I’m confident to say that’s the highest bird count of the day, making me the automatic winner.

1:18 in ze evo for meh (this is toda)

awd turbo + 255’s all around = fun

I’m curious to see what I could have ran in that evo