Laptop audio to TV audio

I recently purchased a VGA cable so I can connect my laptop to my 42" samsung. I was clearly not thinking this day and didnt even consider an audio connection. So my laptop display now comes up on my TV using the VGA cable but now I need to get the audio from my laptop to the TV. Do I just use a standard 1/4" audio cable? Put it in the computers headphone jack and connect it to the audio in on the TV? My speakers are completly shot on my laptop so just cranking up the volume isnt an option.

What does the aux-in audio input jack(s) look like on yo stereo?

I use a cable that has a headphone jack on one end, and a red/white RCA connector on the other.

Yea I was just looking at a Y-cable on Bestbuy.com, but my TV has an audio and video in specifically for Laptops and it looks like it uses basically the same input as the headphone jack on the laptop. So Im thinking probably just a audio cable with 2 male ends? Im not 100% sure though.

Yeah if you have a PC audio in jack on your TV that looks like a headphone jack then a male to male is what you are looking for…Here’s a 6 foot one…

Oh word! Yeah, they make those, that’s what I used to connect my ipod to my car’s headunit. headphone jack on both ends.

Alright sweet, Im just going to shoot over to bestbuy and grab one then.

I’m honestly about to go to Bestbuy right now and buy every cable on the rack.

Yeah, that will defiantly work, did it with my old laptop and worked fine.

The best investment was my cheap-o HP laptop that has an HDMI out built in. Makes things so easy

I went and got the cord and it worked, fuck yea. Sound quality is suprisingly good as well. Bestbuy fucking raped me for it though, $12.

I bought one at Ripoffshack and I think it was ~18 dollhairs.

I used my older Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers. It sounds great. Something like that isnt that expensive and you get nice bass as well. Just throwin an idea out there.