Laptop to TV

I want to be able to see my latop on my TV. my laptop has an s video output but the tv only has a cable input and the audio/video inputs. Any suggestions?

Also would it be ok to cut a s video end off of a cable and put a yellow video end on?

go to radio shack and buy an s-video to RCA convertor. probably cost under 20 bucks.

just a warning though, if your TV isn’t a high deff TV, it’s going to look like shit (even if you run it at the TV’s native resolution… 320x480 or something like that)

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:2,topic:29454"”]

go to radio shack and buy an s-video to RCA convertor. probably cost under 20 bucks.

just a warning though, if your TV isn’t a high deff TV, it’s going to look like shit (even if you run it at the TV’s native resolution… 320x480 or something like that)

[/quote]

yeah it probably won’t look great depending on what you are running. If you are watching somehting with crappy resolution anyway, it doesn’t matter. Just don’t expect it to be like a CRT monitor.

P.S. I just hooked my laptop to my LCD tv and it looked awesome.

http://sewelldirect.com/pc-to-tv.asp

it works well to watch movies and such

yeah unless its hd dont expect to use aim or anything or browse the net because the scanlines break up the text, its fine for games and movies tho

i do have a couple comp to hdmi cables that i found if u have a hi def tv