laptop restarting?

it will start up (screen not on)… the fan blows and the hard drive moves, led on cd-rom blinks, then it restarts itself about 3 seconds later and repeats. Think it could be the power supply? I know the battery is toast.

This happened once before and out of nowhere, it worked again :bloated:

Does it ALWAYS do this or is it intermittent?

Had this experience with an HP laptop not too long ago, try:

• Check and make sure it’s not overheating itself, blow the fans/vents out with compressed air and set it on a solid surface or prop it up to give it a little more clearance underneath. It’s unlikely it would overheat that quickly but it’s the easiest thing to check.
  • Remove the battery and reseat it.
  • Remove the ram and reseat it.

If none of those help the board is probably on it’s way out.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32212

I think it’s time for a “new” laptop at this point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Otherwise pretty much what Matt DANGER! said.

I’m going with HDD or processor. I’ve seen both of those cause same exact problems. If it was a desktop you could test HDD by putting it in a ziploc bag and placing it in a freezer for a night. Pull it out in the morning and hook it up. 99% of the time this will get it to boot up like normal for a short period of time. Back up and information you need at that time.

This isn’t all the time… the lady I got it from had the problem at one time. I’ve been using it for the past week or so and no problems. Then all of a sudden, I get home and turn it on and bam… it’s screwing up

lol I think you’re right… maybe when I get back from vacation I’ll invest in one. Just wish you could put them on lay away or something lol… so damn expensive. Atleast with a desktop, you can piece them together when ya have the extra $$$

um you can put them on layaway…its called credit, google it