Reformat?

How can i get my computer to reboot from the cd? I tryed putting in the disk then restarted the computer but it loads right back up.

I have a virus on my laptop and i want to upgrade it to vista.

go into the bios and set the boot sequence to cdrom first.

Any ideas on why my computer randomly shuts off. And when it does the battery light does stay lit even with the power cord hooked up.

Think maybe the battery is shot? OR something internal. The laptop is 2 years old and its a gateway accers series.

may need someone here to look at it. dont know if the harddrive is shot or not, it wont stay on while im trying to reload the os.

Your power supply could be shot as well.

Easy fix or no? how would you tell for sure?

Usually with a laptop people jerk the cord out of it when plugging it in.

They either break the ac adapter itself, or the jack inside the computer itself.

Try to switch your adapter for a buddies, and see if that works.

If not then I would look at replacing the jack…

You can buy a jack for nothing on ebay, put soldering one onto the motherboard is not fun. I don’t even do a service like this.

Laptops cost like 500 bucks now, and come preloaded with vista, might be time to cut your losses.

Well for some reason it is working good now.

Reformated the hard drive and now it has vista loaded and running faster than ever.

I dont jerk the cord i am actually real carefull with it, thats why i was agrivated when this started happening.

Well i guess we will see if this happens again.

Thanks for the useful info.