LCD Installation

Does anyone do home theater installations? I have a 46" LCD that I would like mounted above my fireplace, and would like to have it professionally installed. What does it typically cost to have an LCD mounted on a wall?

it’s truly not hard to do… :shrug:

In any case:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Home-Theater-Installation/sem/rpsm/catOid/-16721/N/20012866+20016721/rpem/ccd/categorySpecial.do

i could do it, i used to do HTI for circuit city every place is going to rape you… i would recommend searching for a place in teh phoen book, antler tech is good

I just did one for a friend. Not too hard for LCDs since they are lighter.

I found this guide online: http://www.hometheaterblog.com/hometheater/2006/05/howto_wall_moun.html

Yea, it’s easy to do.

The hardest thing is fishing wires through the walls if you’re trying to hide them, or just install the white “wall” conduit on the outside to make it look clean if you don’t pull wires.

Is the fireplace Brick or Wallboard? If it’s brick, then I recommend just putting some of the “conduit” to make everything look clean. If it’s wallboard, then you can either do the conduit, fish it depending on the fireplace setup.

If you need some help, let me know; I completely wired my living room for 5.1, lights, and A/V. Mounting a LCD’s easy compared to a 9’ electric screen to the ceiling, a projector to the ceiling, and all the associated wiring…

Make sure you get it into studs! Guy at RIT a few years ago hung his plasma on the wall, and it fell down and landed onto his laptop! Double Doh!

While mounting the tv itself is pretty straightforward, what you do with the wires is another story. The cleanest way to do them is to run them inside of the wall, but this can get pretty involved, especially with brick. Conduit is an easier, but less clean option.

Is this a working fireplace?

[quote=“97FormulaWS-6,post:5,topic:34843"”]

The hardest thing is fishing wires through the walls if you’re trying to hide them

[/quote]

Amen… last wall almost just had a fist go through it to get them.

[quote=“redrum,post:7,topic:34843"”]

While mounting the tv itself is pretty straightforward, what you do with the wires is another story. The cleanest way to do them is to run them inside of the wall, but this can get pretty involved, especially with brick. Conduit is an easier, but less clean option.

Is this a working fireplace?

[/quote]

what ive done for brick is i found matching brick and built the wall back out with a cavity… it was a PITA but just space it with some 2x4’s is easy

I can, PM if you are interested still. And let me know what you are going to have running to it ( DVD, PS3, Cable/Satellite).