LCD/Plasma price coming down?

ok, this is probably a stupid question, but was there an article or news report recently about LCD/Plasma tv’s going down in price around thanksgiving/christmas time? Im looking to buy one soon, but multiple people have told me to wait because “they heard they were going to come down, possibly upto half off soon”. Now obviously I understand there will be sales due to holidays, but from multiple people it sounded like it was above and beyond just the holiday sales. Anyone have any insight on this? If they’re just referring to holiday sales, I’d rather pay the extra $100-200 now instead of waiting 2 months.

thanks in advance.

These friends are referring to Black Friday sales. Guarenteed to see someplace have LCD/Plasma’s at 50% off.

If you shop around you can get deals. I just got a 52" Sharp Aquos for around 40% off just by waiting.

that’s what I figured.

hmmm, now I have to see if I have the patience to wait, lol.

thanks for the reply!

i will be getting my tv on black friday but im going 40ish

im looking for preferably a 50" or 52"

just not sure if saving a possible $100-200 is worth the month to wait. my impatience level is high, lol

What’s your budget?

no there was an article on hardocp stating that all flat screens will be coming down in price very soon, of course if this happens before black friday, your even luckier.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gVdC3qPcR2ig1PIzhT-M_TbJYWHAD93R50BO0

I usually wait for the sales right before the superbowl.

They will be coming down my guess is when the oled tvs start coming in which i beleave will be sometime before the holidays i just dont know how much they will be coming down. It may also take a while because i have heard the oleds will be very expensive so it may be a while untill the lcds come down 50% without black friday as help

these price drops have nothing to do with oled. read the article posted.

ok, that makes sense. It sounded like the people who mentioned it to me had read it somewhere, as opposed to word of mouth or speculation. Even the $650-700 being $350 quote was everyones example.

Dammit, no I guess I should wait, even though I dont want to. :banghead:

Thanks for the link!

11" sony oled $2499

that article is ridiculous, unless you are looking for a complete shit tv and when the oleds do come out they will drop a little but not much right away because the cost of oleds will be skyhigh still. Well given the shape that our economy is currently in i guess that most people may be looking for the cheap tvs so on the other hand if you want a no-name tv for free wait, if not there are some pretty good deals right now i just bought a 50".

Could buy my 42" Aquos for 1000 if you don’t want to wait :wink:

looking to get a cheap 37-46" LCD tv for my garage on Black Friday. I always find a hidden deal on top of the sale price :slight_smile:

I got a olevia 37 inch LCD for 599 from newegg. Free shipping, no tax…

Tough to beat that deal.

The LCD’s use much less power than the plasmas, but the black sucks…

Great picture, I’m very happy with it…