Leaky KA24E injecter?

I have a 1990 240sx and when I drive it there’s a faint smell of gas.
When I looked under the hood I noticed that the 3rd injecter from the front of the car was covered in gas. looks like its leaking eather around the fule rail OR some sort of black ring but its hard to tell, and only happends sometimes. Is the leak the actual injecter it self for some sort of sealent ring that can be replaced?
(trying to keep the old KA alive till may)
BTW im looking for a Hatch. (preferably NO stock spoiler)

Thanks

The injector seals and o-ring are probably shot (a typical occurance on this old engine). You might as go to Nissan and pay the few bucks to buy new ones and replace them before you start wasting money on actual injectors.

wow my zenki has the same problem and i have yet to fix. I smell the faint gas too. I was surprised by the puddle when i saw it. Mine is 2nd cylinder.

Do you know how much it costs for new o-rings/ injector seals?

And is this an easy do-it-yourselfer? I’m gonna most likly do it myself, i just wanna know if it will be hard or not.

Oh yeah, of course.

The rings and seals are around $30 at a Nissan dealer’s parts counter (if I recall correctly). You need three per injector (that is twelve total), an o-ring for the head side, a seal for the fuel rail side, and another seal for the head side.

I am no mechanic (although I play one on the Internet) and I was able to do it without any hickups (except for a bad connection on the injector harness).

Oh yeah, this is for the SOHC KA24E engine.

EDIT: I just looked into it, and this is a 5 minute job for the DOHC KA24DE, but for the SOHC KA24E, you need to unbolt the fuel rail to do it, thereby turning it into a lengthier process.

I have a new O-Ring set for $5.00 and Injectors for $40.00.

Thank you.

i went to Nissan and when i asked the guy for a price on the parts. one of the head mechanics over heard and said “is it leaking gas” i answered yes and he said that O-ring/ injector seals won’t fix it. New injectors are needed and they cost $200 a pop. And i just filled up tank and i have notice that my gas mileage drastically dropped.

Now would anybody know of less expensive injectors?

and do i have to buy 4 new ones or just get one new? i leaning towards 4 new ones.

Nevermind, I’m an idiot and I clearly don’t have first hand experience of new rings stopping the leak.

new seals only work about 70%(at best) of the time it seems, but they will work eventually… did in my experiance anyway.

ahh the junkyard. ive never actually been one. and i am assuming that its not like they are on television. lol.

so where is the closest yard to brampton area? there may be alot and i just never noticed?

the michanic is trying to suck you in to spending more money,its his job. The seals will work i am sure. Old rings tend to dry up or if you get oil on them they will bloat and fail. The seals you will prob have to get at nissian but the o-rings are a comman thing, if you take one off that is in half decent shape to CANADIAN TIRE or a hardwear store you can match one up with whatr they gat there. The only way I can see an injector its self leak is if it is cracked. Is it?

Vacuuming Injectors?

Any Thoughts?

ill check now and see, from what i remember tho, is that the o-ring is cracked. brb.

ok so i gave it a visual and i can’t see a crack on either. and the gas puddle was missing as well, think a vibration slightly sealed the crack but it’ll be back. so im gonna try new o-ring and see if that works. if it doesn’t its off to the junkyard.

OK well heres my deal
took off the fuel rail and injecter, changed the rings all 3 of em, and turned it on and blam still leaking… apparently from the 3 people iv talked to they tend to leak around the plastic ring where the wires go in (gota love my technical exsplination…) mine is red… so its my injecter. but it looked like it was leaking from the rail. Tricky little bastard DAMN U INJECTER.

hopefully this helps soneone. or atleast saves them $13.63 for O-rings…

yea i have red rings too. and thats where mine leaks. my gas mileage drop drastically too.

Nissan says injectors are $200 a pop, if you find cheaper please tell me.

and where is a Junk Yard(s)?

in the yellow pages…

lol, thanks for slapping the lazy noob outta me, with my last question. and funny enough checking a phone book never came to mind.

go to mega city junkyard
at steeles & sixth road or something
look it up in the yellow pages