problems plz help!

whats up everyone
i bought a new 1990 240 with round 300 kn on the body and i was told around 18 000 with no evidence to support anything on a new ka24e. and ive been driving her for about 2 weeks now. i Always notice a heavy gas smell inside the car and it got stronger yesteerday i dont know why this is happening , maby soem gas is seeping out? Also the main problem i drove her around and got her all warmed up then sat and let her idle and shes off a beat. like its almost liek a studer i think its not firing propery nad is always idling at different numbers. Also i uncliped my air temp sensor temperarorly so maby that could be y?
plz help
thx
platinum240sx

Is the gas smell just inside the car or outside? Check the underbody for corroded fuel lines. Thats what happened to my car. It was leaking gas.

As already mentioned the fuel lines have a tendancy to rust out. Not just underneath, but teh lines that go into teh tank too. You may think your tank is leaking if you see signe of fuel, but it could be the lines to teh sende runit.

The most common place for fule leake on KA24E motors is the injectors, or teh o-rings on the injectors. Pretty easy to tell, just leavethe car running and look you should see dampness at the top or bottom of the injectors if it’s the o-rings. Or sometime the injetors themselves will start to leak where they are crimped together, again you should see it. The o-rings are pretty cheap ~$20 for top and bottom for all injectors from Nissan dealer, and easy to replace. Injectors are a different story… quite expensive. Some have had good lcuk with aftermarket ones others haven’t. I’ve never replaced any myself.

-Martin.

Nope the injectors look good. It is most likley the fuel lines and yes it is mostly in the car , I havent tried sniffing around the outside yet. Im almost 80 percent sure that it does not leak onto the ground or anything though and i can only smell it at times. Il be driving and then I will smell it alot then it would usually go away. im getting her checked out by a mechanic tommororw hopefully how much would it cost to get new fuuel lines or ven just fix the rotten ones.
and thx alot for the answers guys , i love my car and it hurts and makes me sleepless and insane when something is wrong with her. It doesnt get me high just some bad migrains. (spelling?)
platinum240sx

A small fuel leak should equate to rough idle, but it may be worth checking your fuel line.

Work your way along your fuel line starting at the fuel pump. Check for leakage. If there is no evidence then gently wiggle the fuel line near the connection points and see if any gas sprays out. It should be under preassure so it would spray like a hairspay can. It can help pinpoint a leak in the fuel line - if thats the problem.

Hope this helps!

thx soo much for the info guys
does anyone have a diagram of where are the gas lines and everything are . What will need to be removed to get to all these spots?
and can anyone recomend a good mechanic in mississauga im at winston chruchill and derry so it would be nice if it wrer around here.
Also does anyone know where the closest Junk yard is or wreckers?
http://platinumeclipse.8m.com/images/untitled-1.gif
platinum240sx

I gotta Factory Service Manual with over 600 pages of diagnostic diagrams. $100.00

Try a new seal around the fuel filter, when I replaced the fuel filter last month it looked kind of tatterd out.