ka problems

Hey I have a few problems…I dont know what to diagnose it as so maby you guys could help me out.

When I start my car in the mourning or after its been sitting for a couple hours…the car starts and idles at like 200rpm to about 1000…it sounds like it is about to die…and actually does sometimes. I give it gas and the rpms dont do anything…like its not getting any gas. I dont know if this is a fuel line leak or something to do with my fuelpump…but after about a minute the engine picks up and idles fine…and respondes. I also smell a little gas when first getting into the car but after driving for a couple minutes it goes away…I dont really notice any leaks in my driveway tho also…so It might be a small leak…

My second problem might be related to my first problem. When I accelerate…I feel no power…it takes like 6 seconds to get to 50km/h…its even worse in first gear…it pulls till about 15-20 km/h then has no pull…I have owned a few 240’s and I know what a KA is capable of. Like regular cars from greenlight smoke me…and I am almost redlining…they arn’t even trying to race. I am just trying to keep up.

what do you guys think my idle and power/torque problem could be?

probably low compression.

The sounds of your problem almost sound identical to another son user here. It was a clogged catalytic converter.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=26863