left side drive R32/R34?

i came across this in surfing the net, i didnt know they made the skyline in left hand drive form. where were these models relesed.
Brent
http://www.toprpm.com/eng/features/feature_12.htm
http://www.toprpm.com/eng/features/feature_9.htm

i think its a LHD conversion

if it is a conversion then where did the dsah and everything come from

i believe they have them in LHD form in the middle east and possibly europe if they are available there - i unno…but its not a conversion

I’m not sure, but :bowdown: That R34… other than the painted trim and the flaires, that thing is SWEET!! And he has the same piston keychain I have. :wiggle:

It might be New Zealand but I am not sure.

Judging by the guy in the back ground and the “decor”, I’d say it is in India.

I saw info that they were out of Dubai, which is in the United Arab Emirates…

I believe that got_boost_s13 is onto something…

i dont know if anyone went into the site and checked out the videos but man the first video on the black R32 is sick. i want that car … hehe
GTR mmmmmm

UAE is chock full of disgustingly rich individuals. They have a lil cottage industry set up over there that consists of converting Skylines to LHD. It’s been around for a lil while, so the quality has gone up over time. No Skylines ever left Oppama in left-hand-drive form. They are ALL conversions.

Its definatly Dubai. They got quiet a few shop that do LHD conversions, they usally deal with european cars, but some japanese cars are done to. When I was over there the skylines I saw were all RHD.

:werd:

Yea you n00bs thinking LHD Skylines exist from the factory. :slap:

Yea, they most definitely never came in LHD. But there’s some very nice conversions, some are even in the USA.

if they never came LHD from the factory then where did the LHD dash covers come from? Did Nissan make them for the public to convert? Or are these guys making them from scratch? :roll:

think about it :wink:

What’s there to think about? Those people are rich and smart and I’m
sure they have no trouble making something as simple as a mirrored dash.

Think about it.

Yep that part is really not that hard. They make a mould and mirror it. Same with the console and door skins. The flipped dash is nothing. Think about it.
They have to flip the pedal assembly, steering rack, brake/clutch mc’s, lines, hoses, and perform all subsequent modifications related to these changes. I am sure it’s not cheap, but I am even more sure there are enough retardedly rich (as mentioned above) individuals who are willing to pay for it.

Someone should import one and have the only LHD Skyline in Canada. Although I’m told the earlier models that have had their conversions done some time ago are not as solid as models redone more recently. It’d still be cool.

If you guys remember a little while back, varun posted that link as he knows some of the people from that site.

It IS in Dubai/UAE.

They are ALL truely rich (oil revenues).

They are ALL LHD conversions.

just look at their videos… they are crazy

http://www.toprpm.com/eng/videos.htm

I lived in the UAE. I wasn’t rich, but we owned a Skyline. Prices are just cheaper and your payscale is higher. It’s all relative.

Then again, we weren’t established arabs.

Back on topic…

Why can’t we just import a Skyline and do the custom LHD conversion work here? Should be cheaper.

My rationale was that it’s an established industry over there and the molds and techniques are already up and running.

Here it would have to be 100% fabrication from scratch. Even sourcing an extra rhd dash would be a pain. But I guess the mechanical stuff wouldn’t be any harder to do here than there. Cheaper though? Tough call.

damn, watching a supra smoke a huyabusa in a race tells me these guys have lotsa cash, and good taste as well.

the LHD conversions are very clean, i’d love to get my hands on amy of those skylines.

http://www.toprpm.com/eng/features/feature_12.htm

one thing i find funny, these guys don’t even mention the LHD conversion in there list of upgrades. is it that common for them?

“one thing i find funny, these guys don’t even mention the LHD conversion in there list of upgrades. is it that common for them?”

In short, Yes.