LHD GTR

Saw this and got me wondering…
how would one go about doing a conversion like this and how much money would be involved if this was done correctly ?

in incase the ad gets taken off, its a LHD 1992 GTR with RB26, 83000km. Looks clean but the owner wants 15k for it.

Very cleanly done I must admit. I know people in UAE do this, along with some other countries, personally I don’t see a point but I must admit it would make driving on our roads much easier.

I dont want to judge but not really ^^^^

You can see the ripples in the dash, very poor lines and extreme gaps.
There are some in Saudi Arabia that have been done nicely.

the dash is a little weird and bubbly looking on the passenger side and where the vents are, and the brake lines are a little bent up on the firewall. not a big deal i guess, just saying it looks kinda homedone

I could do the RHD < LHD dash for $1500 or so. Your still left with extending wiring, firewall modifications, LHD steering rack etc. big job!

first thing i noticed was the wavey dance and the abs module doesnt sit right

yea the dash is wierd but in general props for even doing something like this.

what dash is in that car?

i always thought it would be good to LHD swap an S15 with an S14 dash when they are legal… i don’t want to drive RHD but i dooooooo want an S15 Spec R :slight_smile:

Its a modded stock dash.

The center trim piece should be on an angle facing the driver like it does in a RHD but that I can see being difficult without major re-construction. The guy got tired finishing the conversion or lacks in finishing the final product. 4 more hours of bodywork and that dash could have looked amazing…or wrap it in 1/8" headliner material and wrap it in vinyl vs painful sanding/paint.

there is a companyy out that makes lhd copys of gtr’s r34’s and such they use rb26 everything is pretty much the same xcept it is lhd and new …you can buy one with everything new they will modify it up to 1000whp from factory …dont remeber what company makes them i saw it on a show called dream care garage that shows on cave tv

I said it looks cleanly done for what it is.

I don’t know if I’m right, correct me if I’m not, didn’t skylines come lhd in Egypt?

They were never made LHD,

There is handful of out there. as said above

theres a post by a company that says they are converting r33s to lhd …on gtr canada forums though

+1

Wow this car is still kicking around. I remember when it was imported 4 years ago.