converting from lhd to rhd

well i like to be different instead of going out and buying a 180sx or silvia id rather buy a 240sx coupe and do a full on lhd to rhd swap im just looking to see if any one knows how to do this or go about starting this i was simply going to buy full half cut of a 180sx and swap everything over but im not going sr20det any more so buying one(half cut) would be usless to me just wondering how to do this any links that may help please leave and is there any one attemted this before? any help would be nice thank you

Why?

don’t waste your money doing this conversion, the amount you will spend on parts and labour you could go and buy yourself a 180sx or silvia, or even drop all that cash into your car itself and make it a better machine.

why not gives me something to do plus i just want to do it.

i under stand but like i said i like to be different and all the labour would be done by me and or some friends i have the money to do it just need the parts for starters i know i have to swap steering linkages i just want to get my hands on the parts to do it or ill possibly buy some ones left over half cut for the parts if there willing to sell to me.

And it’ll be straight, and not drive like two halves of cars jammed together. Only lameasses in the states, that can’t get JDM cars but wanna be “JDMtyte” do that shit. Either drive an LHD car, or save up and get a real JDM car. How much of a lameass fucking fanboi are you?

yes exactly, you would have to change the whole fire wall and rack, and the list goes on… def not worth it…

and even if it was cheap to do. y the hell would you want the INCONVIENCE of RHD? seriously. its a hassle… Its not even fun…

All I see when I read this is “blah blah blah, I’m a lameass fanboi who’s too broke to buy a real JDM car”

so your telling me because i want to do a lhd to rhd swap that im some fan boi thats pathetic i just want to do it ,nothing to do with the whole jdm shit at all i dont give a shit about that. and if i wanted to buy a rhd car i could i choose not to because i like to take a challenge and accomplish shit not buy it but do it my self

yeah im so broke i make 1400 a week im a real broke ass , your prolly one of those guys who lives off this site cause they have no life of there own.

oh my god.

get back in your delorian and tell 2003 to stop sending us their ricers.

what’s with everyone in the negative comments…if the man wants to build himself a RHD car then let him do it…he did not ask for anyone’s opinion…he just asked for help on “how to”…would you like for someone to tell you your a lameless fanboi when you come up with something someone hasn’t done before??? i respect the fact your trying to do something different…you guys need to chill and just give the guy what he asked for rather than make fun of him

HAHA so then Y do you want a RHD car?

To deliver mail? lmao.

so why not buy a jdm car and convert it to lhd? that would be something useful… a rust free car that isn’t a piss off to drive.

thank you

That’s right, swing your e-dick around.

No, actually, I have a fairly busy and full life. But there’s no “challenge” in converting a LHD car to RHD.

Do you have a frame jig? Do you have phenominal skills as a welder?

If you actually had the skills and resources to do this, you wouldn’t be asking on here. You would just do it. If you do this, and you don’t do it 100% perfect, your car will never drive straight, and always be 2 cars you welded together.

I don’t give a shit how much money you make, what you do, who you know, or where you’re from. You’re trying to justify the fact that you are a fanboi and you don’t have the money to import a real JDM car. There is zero excuse or sane, logical reason for wanting to do this otherwise. Besides the fact that getting it re-certified for the road and all the paperwork beyond that is more than I think you realize.

If you want a challenge, and you want an RHD car, buy a JDM 180sx, or whatever. Strip it, stitch weld it, reassemble, and do a nice, clean, solid build. You say you’re not short on cash? You should be able to afford it, it’ll be just as “gratifying” and “challenging”, and you won’t have a piece of shit welded together car, you’ll have a solid, admirable car.

But go ahead, swing your e-dick some more, I don’t think you’ve fully convinced yourself.

my car is pretty much rust free i bought weaves92240 coupe things really clean i just want to convert to rhd cause its something i just want to do it hasnt really been done before and i dont find it annoying ive driven rhd cars before its actually easy for me

It’s not new, and unique. It’s been done. They’ve been doing it in the states for years.

As someone else stated, unique and original, and gasp USEFUL, would be converting a JDM car to LHD.

But if you don’t want it to turn out like shit, you still need a good frame jig of some sort to keep it from shifting while you’re working on it, and you’re also smarter to just swap the dash and firewall, rather than saw off the front half of the car.

There, I shit on his idea, and provided useful information. It’s a win win situation.

IBTL.

see i see were your coming from and thinking its gay and all i wasnt saying was 100% saying im doing this i was simply trying to get the facts on if it has been done before whats involved in doing it and how long it would roughly take shit like that now like i said before tho yes i want to be different thats why i was THINKING of doing it wasnt 100% set on doing it, i know theres alot of work involved in this but thats why i made this post to find out if it was worth it, was just trying to get the facts thats all

BWUAHAHAHAHHAHA.

http://www.mturck.com/rofl.gif

In all seriousness… being “different” because you swapped a CND Spec car is just stupid. It’s a waste of money, a hassle and to be perfectly honest just plain wasteful. Do yourself a favor, save yourself a headache and lots of potential issues and just buy the real thing. You’ll thank us in the long run.

see i was thinking if i bought a half cut right i basicly take all the shit from it and swap it to my car from the 180sx and i figured juts like cut some holes for the steering rack (or what ever its called) swap the dash to rhd swap all the wiring and pedals to the right side shit like that but i wanted to see what was really involved in doing this