180sx clip right hand

i am interested in picking up a righthand drive clip can i convert my 240 into right hand drive??? with out modifiying my frame?

have fun, you would have to change the firewall, steering rack, should change the cowl with wiper assembly…

not for the faint of heart, or those without resources like welders, and skills

Why do you wanna do that?

Might cost a bit more, but why dont you just sell your current car and pickup an actual RHD s13? Less problems ,work, and hasselhoff. + you get a cleaner chassis with less KM.

i have the skills, the time and the willing ness to learn. so other wise dont try to make it right hand just keep the engine?

if your seriously in need of a winter project give it a go, but it won’t be that fun or easy, and you’ll need quite a few spot weld drill bits, available at carquest etc…

my chassis is in mint mint condition 0 rust. car was stored inheated garage its whole life by an old lady. she is cleaner then a virgin

nick like i said lets just take the motor out of the car and a few other things and ditch the rest

If you have the skills, why are you asking us if it’s possible?

If you want to do it, do it. No-one here has done it, for good reason. I think there’s a couple guys on NICO who have, so ask there if you want.

If you want my advice, if your car is areally that clean, don’t ruin it by doing some project you will get halfway into and then regret.

As mentioned, if you really did have the skills required, you would not have made this thread.

you will still drive a 240sx and people will ask you why you waisted your car to drive a poser car thats rhd eventhough it isnt a real 180sx…

From this post and your last post regarding the KA-T question the appearence/impression you’ve given is you flat out don’t have the skill set required to do the job. I build aircraft from the ground up and doing the RHD conversion, properly, is still a big ass job requiring a fair ammount of fabrication knowledge and layout to do right. This is not knowledge that you can gain by watching american hot rod and overhaulin’… hopefully this dose of reality will be the E-bitch slap that allot of younger kids require to kill unjustified overconfidence… but again this is all based on your posts… which do not lend themselves to you haveing the knowledge base to do this.

I forgot to mention your mirrors will not move to the correct location after, for RHD,

you will have to use your RHD hood pop

Your gas/trunk door cable will be on the wrong side.

e-brake brackets to mive handle to other side

entire dash assembly including harness and heatercore stuff

window switches…

Just as Darian Said there is alot involved. Just when you think your done, your not. Your always looking for ramdom parts that you’ve over looked. And wiring, You have to be confident with that skill. Screw ups there can bug you for as long as you have the car…
Either way man I’m not knocking you here, but if you choose to go threw with this. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. :thumleft:

nobod here has done it? i did it 3/4’s of the way, You’re retarded for trying.

First the windsheild MUST come out, then you need to drill all the spot welds out of the upper cowel, cut all the body adheasive and remove. Then remove the lower cowel in the same mannor, then sound deadening needs to be pulled up, you might as well pull it all up, bececasue you’ll be ripping it up to about the cat. Now remove all the spotwelds in the firewall, cut all the adheasive and remove the firewall…have fun…

To put it all back in, it’s the same with 1 hitch, the car is now warped because you didnt brace it, it’s fucked and useless. Oh, youu’ll never get the new firewall in in 1 peice, you’ll have to cut it in half and weld it togeather once in. This is because a car is built in a certian order, you are screwing with that order and will fight with it.

Dont waste your time, dont be a fag, sell your 240 and bu ya 180. ANYONE who converts there car, or BUYS a car for it being RHD is a idiot.

ok well i thought this was a friendly site and that all 240 lovers would help me not knock me. i said i have skill but i am mechanically smart but i have never atempted something so extreme which was why i was asking the son community for advice.i dont think this quote was neccessary
“Dont waste your time, dont be a flaming homosexual” i didnt ask for sarcasim. if anything “this dose of reality will be the E-bitch slap” for u people who just knock other people who have honest questions. thank your for the advice. and thank you for reading my post… on anouther note, how hard is it to get a 180sx over to canada?

I answered your question, dont be a little whiney noob when you dont get the answer you were looking for.

as for how hard it is, go search the subject, it’s not to hard…shit 1 look at my profile will tell you how easy it is to get jdm car…

ask Axelrod his will be in Barrie shortly…

well now lucky how about you take whatever it is outa your ass. i may be a noob on this site. but we all have to start somewhere. why not embrace people who want to get into this sport. no body asked you to reply to this post.

Chill out man. its widely exepted that doign a RHD conversion is a bad idea, the reasons are already said. why not just keep your car LHD, its alot easier. if you want info on importing a car email one of the importers would be my suggestion.

oh and by posting in a public forum. you are asking everyone to reply.

One more thing, your new here. expect a little flaming.

i dont know much about converting i was asking if it was a good idea if people have done it. all of the people are telling me its a bad idea. so be it. i have my answer. but there is no reason noob or not to be rude.