Let me take over GM...

6 pages and your dumbass still types Arcadia. It’s Acadia. Not Rainer, RAINIER. And you are the youth that fails. :teehee:

theyre exactly that. “flashbacks”. no solidarity whatsoever.

if a company makes an awesome product you stand behind it 100%. if shit starts to weather, well… you make something different. name it something different. like hey we fucked up before, but really dude, i promise it wont happen again!!

fuck that. this shit has been decades in the making. anyone who blames the unions are wrong. its not their fault, all they were doing was protecting the people who at one time needed protection from an all powerful money hungry corporation

my how the tables have turned

I FUCKING WISH I COULD HAVE A DOMESTIC CAR AND BE PROUD OF IT. i cant. because it is nothing to be proud of… theyre fucking garbage, plain and simple. its a shame

It is the union who is at fault they have become greddy. They are no longer just fighting for an 8 hr. work day or health benifits but unjustified outrageous wages! Fight for your Outrageous pay for the next 2-3 years and make sure you save up because you may need to live on it while you are flipping burgers at Mcds

Wrong. What percentage of their monthly expense comes from the workforce? They spend WAY more money on marketing their overly diverse brands. The workforce has been significantly reduced in the recent past due to the sophistication of robotics technology.

Oh and it is cool that the union became a turbo, I just thought they were being greedy.

nvm

wow it’s getting hot in here. i better take off all my clothes.

Please do!

America equals diversity, plain and simple. They CANNOT just close down plants/dealerships.

Everything you said in the OP seems like it COULD make sense if it was that simple. The fact of the matter is through the years consumers have typically taken a loyalty to one brand. It could have been because their friend worked at/owned a dealership, or maybe it’s what their parents drove. It’s just the way that it is(jams drunk post proves that point, if he wouldn’t have interjected and said hey Mom instead of a Tauras let’s go check out other cars she probably never would have).

The bottom line is it’s not going to happen, we’re temporarily fucked right now.

I can also honestly say the majority of people making $30+ per hour is not needed. A few weeks of training to make more than your average person in America with a college degree?

Sorry I don’t agree with it…
Bitch away

What happens in 2 years when Honda, Toyota and BMW are out of cash too and need Gov’t assiatance? Do we propose they buy each other after they turn to their own government’s for funding because there is still no credit available? Or do we just propose that they cut everyone’s wage by 50%?

How about throwing a salary cap on what executives can make. Lets do away with 25 million dollar bonuses for bringing a company under also.

Who got $25 million dollar bonus?

Not GM but the same shit IS happening. Executives get bonuses for sucking and bringing a company down.

Heres the issue…

wealthier image concerned older people, living on a fixed income will say/do…

“Id never buy a trailblazer, they are so basic and cheap looking. Id get an envoy instead or bravada”

I can tell you I’ve heard that numerous times. yes. people are misinformed but, nonetheless, THEY WILL NOT BUY A CHEVY, ONLY A GMC…

dumb…

I do agree to a certain degree though.

Honda and Toyota have more money than they know what to do with. LOL @ them running out of money.

the tundra is not nearly the truck that gm/ford puts out

Read somewhere in the other thread that all manufacturers would be in trouble do to the global economy. Wich I wouldn’t doubt, given current global conditions. I’ll post it if I can find it.

I understand that, but if you don’t think Toyota or Honda is positioning themselves and preparing for a economic collapse…you’re insane.

Both these companies are highly proactive, and when the rough times come…they’ll do just fine.

Toyota could purchase, GM, ford and Chrysler tomorrow.

very true, but give them 10 years.

Finded it.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1172844&postcount=77

HA! To all you GM haterz that say its just the American companies that suck here’s a nice quote for you via, Motor Trend:

[Quote]
BMW, recently the most profitable full-line automaker, says it can operate in current conditions for two years before running out of cash and shutting down. European automakers are looking for EU bailouts, and automakers in China, the fastest-growing market, say they want government help, too… The upshot of all this is that if the free market continues unabated, and the global recession (or whatever we’re in) marches on for a couple of years, then most every major automaker will have filed for bankruptcy.

The biggest problem here is the current economic conditions. It just so happens that the US feels everything first and the world follows. I hope all you import humpers bash BMW and Toyota just as hard when they file chapter 11 also!
[/QUOTE]

true, but civicjim is a retard. look at all his other posts lol