let the debate begin...

I disagree. Even the LS bare bones Cobalt is a HUGE step up in quality and ergonomics from the old and dated Cavalier. My parents own the LS model, and I gotta admit it’s a nice car for what it is. It rides great and like I said, ergonomics and fit+finish is a HUGE step up from the Cavalier.

hmm they do? funny, the Camry is the top selling car every year, Toyota has no big dicsounts. If Chevy made a product people would pay full price for they wouldnt have to do that shit. Its not like they dont need the money.

That, and they have been manufacturing cars that people want for the past 15 years. GM just recently started doing this… :facepalm

They are too late to enter the game, IMO.

The demand for Camrys is higher than that for a comparable GM. So, GM has to compensate for that.

right by trying to give them away, and still coming up short.

Yup.

My dad has an '05 Ford Focus and I had an '05 Hyundai Elantra and to me the Focus seems like a cheaper built car yet the original cost of my car was probably $5k less than his (he bought it used a few months ago).

His car doesnt have cruise control or a tilt wheel and mine had both. His car also has alot more of a plastic feel to it inside. It seems like a cheap car.

Now for trucks the imports are finally catching up to the domestics but they still have some work to do. Toyota is having frame issues even with new Tundra’s.

Also theres no import 3/4 ton+ pickups so youre stuck buying a domestic truck if you need something heavy duty.

Yeah, even I wont debate trucks. Especially for work and shit like that. YOu can get a really nice F-150 or Silverado for work for like half the Price of a Tundra. Which when your going to beat on and work a vehicle, thats a good ass deal. The Camry is the top selling car in the USA, the F-150 is the top selling VEHICLE in the world!

Couldn’t say it better myself.

I have no idea what smokins trying to get at but… Import or domestic, there are good and bad from both. currently import companies are doing better because the “maket demand” has shifted in the past 30 to 35 years for smaller, fuel friendly vehicles. I hate imports, but you really have to give toyota, and honda credit. Niether of those 2 imports brake down that much, hondas repair parts are a tad bit more but equal quality imo. Also, the fact that some how someone thinks american companies only produce “6 to 7 good vehicle” depends on what you call “good”

personally I like american cars just cuz im more familar with them and like the cheap, readily available aftermarket for them.

but all in all it depends on the persons needs and desire.

exactly, this is a debate that will never end because neither side will give in, because we dont have to. We like what we like and have our own reasons. I agree about Honda and Toyota being about equal in quality. Toyota is just a bigger company so they sell more units.

Like I said, every company has its pro’s and cons and it comes down to what the enthusiast wants, but to be narrow minded and say America only produces 6-7 good car’s is simply ridiculous…

maybe when it comes to daily driver economical cars, imports have the upper hand (im not going to deny that) but when it comes to performance sports cars, I would stick with a american car all day long.

word… I agree, and essentially thats what I said too!:number1

193k and climbing. original timing set… have another toyota in the corral that went 191k on the STOCK clutch. id say toyota builds a solid powertrain.

all i have had to do on my car is a wheel bearing, tierod end, and i replaced the halfshafts because the felt loose. not bad for 190+

the gto has 30k and already sucks… GM reliabilty< toyota reliability

Yugo reliability > Chrysler reliability.

if you want a yugo, i found one in kingston…

sssssmokinssss 190hp is more than enough, you have problems controlling 350ish. why have alot of power when you cant control it?

Theres a few Yugo’s in yards around here. Im pretty sure Mark’s garage in CP has one out back and I think theres one in Pownal, VT as well as a few others around.

It would be kinda cool to swap something like a built turbo Civic drivetrain into one. Total sleeper. Too bad the Mustang drained all my money.

people like to have bragging rights…but I totally agree with you, why have more power then you can handle.

the gto has 30k and already sucks… GM reliabilty< toyota reliability

never knew that black gto was yours, never seen the totyota. plus, didnt you say you had some honda with a K18 swap or w/e

He’s got a VW Golf GTI, not a Honda