Lets chat about the Ford GT

You’re starting to sound like Vlad now. The atom is only slightly more practical than a bike but bikes cost a fifth of what that does and are much easier to store.

Haha repost it! I’ve read the edit but the picture didn’t show, I’m curious now.

I find it hilarious when people try to combine two entire opposites into one, DD capability and supercar performance? Why? One directly contradicts the other, the better one side gets, the more the other lacks and when you try to achieve both then the weight goes up.

Realistically the more impractical the vehicle is the more fun it is, just look at bikes, least practical, most fun.

You can have one car that tries to do both all day, I’ll take my silly car choices that are good only once a week to have a blast in, and drive a comfortable sedan all day of the week.

For those all of those that go after practicality, and performance you’re doing it wrong.

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/14564-2005-Dodge-RAM-SRT10.jpg

Realistically if you don’t have 4dr’s you’re vehicle isn’t all that practical, no room for a kid or passengers. If you’re only RWD, you’re not that practical. How about towing capacity or cargo space? M5 wagon is what you all need.

Fuck trying to combine practicality and performance, you’re doing it wrong.

Those trucks are fun but not fun at all!

Well that’s what you get when you combine practicality with performance. :ponder

Here Vlad…

look whats lurking… we killed it later tho…

see start of death march here… pics from our track rental… with the wanna be darth

The Atom is alot of fun, its very raw and unrefined. Its a well designed car / t . It feels like nothing else, but its not the best handeling car or fastest car made… but with the HP to weight ratio you get good speed and can toss it around like no other. I cant call it a true “drivers car” only in that its so unlike any car… its a different fruit all together.

To be honest, I was not completely impressed, though it was amazingly fun at The Glen, and 2 different instructors I had asked to get out after one lap… It felt scary above 125-130 mph as the front lifted a bit…and the g forces are more than most have felt.
That all said, for the money, its a hell of a toy. I wanted more of a car. Still shopping. Nothing excites me now, and I blame the Atom for that.

Ah sounds like a good time ^

So back to GT talk :shifty

My uncles buddy had a GT. The craftsmenship is not very good. Then again its not falling apart 10 miles in the zr1. Think about it, its a ford. When ford was building astons and jags they sucked miserably. Now take a look at the xkr (designed by astons designer), and the new AMv8, AMv12, and DBS. All hand built works of art.

For the price, the GT is awesome. I’d rather buy a Gallardo and twin turbo it though :rofl

Aren’t Ferrari 360’s down in price into the GT territory?

They might be dated in their #'s compared to modern supercars, but are still an epitome of an exotic and the aura of a supercar, even if it is a generation past.

Yeah challenge stradales (race version) are going for 120k + right now. Amazing car. Apparently a GT2 rs is coming to america now, very interested to see how fast thats going to be. To bad Pcars are all technical and bad looking.

While a better car, the 360 just isn’t as man cool. Period

orly

Vlad, your positive view on the 360 vs your negative view on the Gallardo is interesting.

But the arm candy that a Ferrari will bring in will more than return any man points you may have lost (which is arguable to begin with).

You should feel guilty saying that you paid $100K for a Ford.
While a Ferrari just rolls of the tongue.

Oh it’s even more interesting. I’m more of a Lambo man myself when given a choice of comparative models between the brands.

I just can’t stand the Gallardo.

Needing a car to get hot chicks=:haha

I’d be all over an F430. And I still would buy a Gallardo.

GT44 is a sick car, price is just fine for what you get. Really :slight_smile:

Lamborghini blows. That’s my thought on that.

I agree with exactly 50% of that statement Adam :shifty

You would think Adam would be a Lambo fanboi, after all the Euro-ness he deals with.