Lexus IS300, 130k Maintenance

ok my sisters car stopped running, so she jumped it it died again, her husband decided to get it home to jump it with a jump box and leave the jump box under the hood with the hood open.

So I have to Replace

1. alternator
  2. hood hinges
  3. the hood
  4. Timing belt (way past due with 130k on it)
  5. water pump (also due)
  6. oil change (No questions here do this all the time)

So I found the alt in stock at Persons for 190. so m going to grab that now and bring the car here to house on my Evo Battery (red top) .

but the hood/hinges not sure where to get them.

also any help on doing the alt/ timing belt/ water pump.

Edited for newman. my bad

*due

and wtf, what a dumbass.

how did he fuck up the hinges?
get the body parts from ebay or the dealer.

Try local auto stores for the timing belt and the waterpump, but that may be dealer only…

keystone for the hood hinges etc

if its not apparent the hood flew up and bent the hinges and folded the hood over the car.

hm ya I didnt think of that, I was thinking Parts Channel.

that’s what i figured, but then i figured you’d need a windshield too…

yea, didnt the roof get fubar as well?

the coilpacks in those cars can be finicky especially the one that fires the back two cylinders, water collects there and will ruin the coil in a year or so

no amazingly it didn’t crack the glass, there are a few scratches on the roof but currently not a big deal the car is in my garage now Ill take some pics when I get a chance. I’m trying to talk my sister into a CF hood(not looking good thou)…

130, its an 01 no problems yet with the coil pack… (knock on wood)

altho I had the alt tested its putting out 20amp’s out of a 100 amp alt…

Was that at idle? The Alternator is not going to put out 100amps at idle. should be around 50amps. Also very shocked when I saw the car to see 2 things. 1. Hood looked 100% undamaged. and 2. IS hoods fit very well in the back of GTI’s.

no that was peek.

and ya.
I couldnt belive it fit in the gti eather I should have taken a pic.

yes please take a pic. i’m curious now.

dos is the only one on here that i know of that has a IS300. you might shoot him a pm he has come across anything on the lexus forums.

well I pulled the alt that was cake walk.
then pulled rad and rad fans. (OMG that tranny fluid was BLACK)
pulled the airbox, engine cover, upper 2 timing belt covers.
But I cant get the Crank shaft pully bolt out. I put my cambell gun at 5 and turned the aircompreser up to 150psi but still nothin. I called a tech friend of mine he said that it is NOT reverse threaded so Im not sure what to do. he said he would stop by tommarow with his IR gun see if he can get it off. this sucks.

IR Titanium gun should get it off. Some of them are a bitch. You could try a little heat and then freezing the bolt with a can or air duster held upside down. The damper/pulley has rubber in it so you have to go light on the heat. Heat only the bolt anyway.

i was under the inpression that there reverse thread but… could be wrong

lmk if if u need any help with it