Lexus with Supra motor

Pretty hot :snky:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/L-K-AWESOME-TWIN-TURBO-SC300-STICK-SUPRA-RX7-300ZX-911_W0QQitemZ160108108765QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6300QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those lexuses came with supra motors stock

I suck then

I’m pretty sure they did not come with the TT motor stock, I thought the SC300’s where just N/A. But I’m not a yota guy so carry on.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:4,topic:27848"”]

I’m pretty sure they did not come with the TT motor stock, I thought the SC300’s where just N/A. But I’m not a yota guy so carry on.

[/quote]

Pretty sure you are right

They came with the NA supra motor stock.
The 2jzGE

The supra motor is the 2jzGTE

The same motor that is in the Aristo

The soarer came with the 1jzGTE

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:6,topic:27848"”]

The soarer came with the 1jzGTE

[/quote]

you mean 2jz-gte

Did it…For some reason I thought the soarer had the 1j in it

My bad

The Soarer /SC300 is basically the Supra chassis. Quite a few suspension parts and the motor are a direct fit.

yeah, sc300s definitely never came with the 2jz-gte. relatively simple swap i would imagine, that one looks clean.

swap what?

IIRC all you have to do is boost it

[quote=“ImportMuscle,post:11,topic:27848"”]

swap what?

IIRC all you have to do is boost it

[/quote]

you dont want to boost a 2jz-ge motor out of a sc300 or na supra

they are NOT the same as a 2jz-gte

well you could just boost it, and blow up the motor, sure… dont think thats the best choice.

or you could pull the current motor, build it for boost, and then boost it… but im not even sure if the turbo and n/t blocks are the same, ie same oil squirters, etc etc…

or you could drop in a turbo motor and go.

People boost the NA motor all the time, but you do need to reinforce a few things. I think everyone agrees that just starting with the turbo motor is better (less hassle).

I’ve seen a few NA-T Supras and they hold up pretty well when built correctly. They just won’t get the rediculous HP numbers the twin turbo engine can make.

wheres dos?

what did he change in his?

Dos put Supra rods and pistons in his 2jz-ge. The 2jz-gte motor would have been a better approach.

there was a video around with a whits sc300 ( possibly this one) with the supra motor in it running like 11’s in the 1/4

i have always had a soft spot for the sc300 so hot.

only difference between the 2JZ-GE and 2JZ-GTE shortblock are rod’s/pistons + oil squirter’s.

24 month warranty also