need some nissan/ toyota help

if i get 2jz swap mounts for a 280zx, will they work in an old datsun 240? Id be using a mid 90s SC300 to swap everything over engine/trans/ecm. whats the cheapest way to run boost after the ecm is in? how hard is it to install the ecm/harness? any help is appreciated , im trying to get an idea of how deep im gonna be in if i take this on. thanks in advance.

you do know that the sc300 is non turbo? and that unless you have it sitting around already, you might as well just buy a 2jzgte instead. and if it is just sitting around and isnt a complete train wreck body wise, u should just donate it to me.

as far as figuring out the mounts i’d start here: http://forums.hybridz.org/

then if you really want to know about an sc300 and boosting the motor that comes with them start at clublexus.com and you will find other fourms from that.

i would guess that its not gonna be an easy swap. but those forums would be a better place to figure it out. i doubt too many people on here are gonna be much help, rons the only person i know on here with an sc, he has a good amount of knowledge on them.

thanks man yea i know its non turbo , whats the gte mean? are there any difference from the turbo engine?

2JZ-GTE is the twin turbo version. same basic layout, 86x86 DOHC 24v. but the GTE uses a coil on plug ignition versus a distributor. amongst other differences that made it more efficient and reliable for a boosted application. the only car the GTE came in that was sold in the US is the MkIV supra.

Oh great now your going to ruin an S30, I refuse to help in any way shape or form.

:Idiots

Ruin?

Putting any other motor than what that came with is a step up. :rofl

He could put a 3e-e from a Tercel in there and it’d be an upgrade.

http://astrx.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2jz.jpg

Has nothing to do with motor choice…

It’s mclaren GP…

The same kid who was throwing sparks/flame out of his car while he had a gas leak.

Yeah those old Datsun motors are pretty much weaksawz

get rid of the W58 tranny that comes with your SC300 2jz. They are weak and unreliable as fuck. You’d tear all the gears out at 300whp. I can take it off your hands and dispose of it through my work. Even give you $200 for it

Witha little work belive it or not they can be pretty fuckin nasty in a such a light car…

one of the guys in the zany club has one making around 300whp N/A… Thing fuckin moves out for sho

yeah V160 FTW

or even R154

L190b

ZF310

^ I used to have the twin turbo version of that one, ZF310PWS

All im gunna say is you dont have enough money and Good luck.

big differences, even more then brett listed, go on supra forums if you want a good break down on whats different between a 2jzgte and 2jzge. and so you know for toyota engine codes the t stands for turbo before the last letter. so 2jzge = n/a 2jzgte = twin-turbo. like i said, unless you have an sc300 donor car that isn’t worth making a running car out of i would get a 2jzgte swap.

thanks again. if i just got the engine in the car even if it wasnt boosted yet would be a big accomplishment. yes the sc300 is T boned and the motor was just put in , has about 30k i think?>

yeah thats why i said among other things. theres alot of subtle changes.

dont forget the “Z” designation in the supercharged engines, 4A-GZE.:excited