LF: Serviceman position at a Diamond Mine

I’m looking for a replacement for me up at the Jericho Diamond Mine (Tahera) in Nunavuut. Reason being i’m taking up an apprenticeship but need someone to fill in for me.

The serviceman basically maintains all the equipment on site; fuels them, greases them, and does some servicing out in the field. Sounds pretty simple, and it is once you get into the swing of things.

You don’t need your class 1 or any special license to operate the servicetruck, as they do all the training up here. It will help out if you have a licence or airbrakes or any previous experience with heavy equipment.

Shifts are 2 weeks in, 2 weeks out and pay days are bi-weekly. Hours are from 6:30 - 6:30 am or pm, depending whether you’re on days or nights. I’m not 100% sure on what the starting rate would be, I’ll get that posted soon. . .

Flights up to and from the camp are paid for from Edmonton. If you’re not in Edmonton it’s up to you to find a way there every rotation.

THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED! IT GET’S COLD UP HERE AND LOTS OF PEOPLE CANNOT GET ADJUSTED TO THE ISOLATION. IF YOU DON’T LIKE EITHER OF THOSE, DON’T WASTE OUR TIME.

Contact info:
Garnet Stone - Maintenance Supervisor
e-mail: garnets @ nunalogistics . com

work #: (780) 644-9161

If you have any other questions post them up or pm me. . .

thx . . .

what are the camp facilities and emenities like? gym, pool, computer lab ect…?

I know ekati has those things and I was considering a position there

ya lee man let me know what those guys are paying cause i know there rich i need something new and totaly diff

It’s an 180-man camp, not nearly as big or glamorous as Ekati or Diavik. I prefer the smaller camps myself. . .

We have a gym, nothing special and a few public computers and satellite phones. We don’t have a pool here lol. Food is great here, bested only by Diavik . . .

for starting off it’s something close to $20/hr and then close to $26/hr after you’ve completed the training. With all the benefits n shit, i think it’s $29.xx/hr, but i don’t really count it because it gets taxed anyways. . .

count me out I can make that money in calgary,