Just moved to Edmonton and looking for work

I just moved here from Grande Prairie, and i’m looking for work. My passion’s that i am knowledgeable in are aviation and automotive.

Hoping for +$14/hour
and little to no evenings and weekends.

But I need to pay the bills, so please let me know if you happen to know of anything!

Thanks!

Ben
780-964-5654

Welcome to edmonton, hope to see you at some meets.
Call Spar Aviation. I don’t have their phone number handy, but its worth a try.
And $14/hr is low dude thats about what McDicks hires for (well $11). So you should have Zero problems getting paid that. Our warhouse starts no experience for over $15/hr and after a 3 months you go to $17-$22/hr.

thanks for the welcome and advice. I realize i should be able to make more than that, that is just the lowest i can go and still support me and my wife.
What warehouse do you work at? that’s a great wage depending how hard you work!!

Pm’d.
And I work Sales/Purchasing. :slight_smile:

Go to any one of the union halls. Electrical, Boilermaker, Pipefitter…etc, they all pay their apperentices aprox 18/hr to start and you only go up from there. High demand right now. Journeymen make 32 to 38 an hour plus pension and benifits. Easiest one to get into is carpenters union as a scaffolder. They make 26 to 28 after a 3 month training course and the industry can never find enough. If you can get in with the labourers they make 24 for physical labour work. You would work all over at powerplants, petrolium refinerys, chemical plants, module yards, etc. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

thanks for the advice guys, it’s helpful to get a feel for what’s going on here in E-town.
I think i have something lined up here, give it a day or two and see but i hope it works out.

well i am now working at JB power in the south end. If you need something come drop in and say hi.
my names Ben