How many of your guys are in Fort McMurray?

Just tossin this out there,

i have had 2 of my closest childhood friends move out there very recently and are making wild $$$ doing security and search & rescue.

they are doing so well in fact that my lil bro is thinking of heading out there on a whim.

how many of your guys are out there and what is it like?

i’ve heard its just scores and scores of over paid men with not much to do… considering the weather i would think it would be prime locale for a WRX ralley series…lol

Fort Mac sucks my balls. I make just as much cash working in Edmonton, but I don’t have to live in that shit hole.

Cost of living is NOT cheap there.

Why would you go up to Fort Mac? Like what 2003specv said you can find work that pays you that much in Fort Mac. The grass is always greener in someone else’s yard…

well, a few friends of mine are doing great out there… they couldnt get anything decent in ontario and they got offered almost 6 figure salaries to move out there…

the one guy just bought a condo after less than a year and when he was here he was bussing tables…

another buddy was doing the same, got offered $25 an hour out there and after 1 month he brought out 3 more people for the same $$$…

but i guess Edmonton is booming too.

pretty much trades period are booming right now because of oil. my cousin is in the construction industry, and he says right now edmonton only has about half the labourers (mostly framers) it needs to keep up with the ridiculous growth of real estate.

low supply + high demand = high wage