LF: Sponsorship for my Pond Hockey Team

I have a team going to Minnesota for the US Pond Hockey Championships and we are looking for someone, a bar, business to sponsor us for jerseys. We are the only WNY team going to the tournament. We need home and away jerseys. The fees for transportation and hotel and tournament fees were alot. We have talked to a couple bars but they didnt want to do anything. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. The most we would probably need would be $300-$400 to cover the jersey costs.

bump night crew

ask pat at sports replay on the niagara falls blvd.

AHAHA Don’t ask him, he might laugh. But on a serious note, he is a good friend of mine, not to big on the sponsoring part.

thanks. any other ideas?

look up and call local shops in the area of the games. tell them you can have a logo put on your jerseys for sponsership.

no business around here is going to sponsor a game out there. you’re better off doing what llink said.

Or email / call some larger companys like easton or louisville. They might sponsor you or possibly give something. Its a longshot but it could pan out. Or even maybe the sabres organization.

yea the sabres dont like to give alot of stuff out. even for benifets they dont, its a real long shot for them

I disagree, The sabres donated a autographed hockey stick for a raffle we were having at a Charity walk I run. It’s worth a shot at least

check local bars?

I was actually going to see if ICEJERSEYS.COM would sponser us because they do all their sales online so the Minnesota people and the teams there would be able to just go their website. I was thinking and the local bars might not sponser us because its out of state and it would not benifit any local places here. I did send an email to Holiday/Leisure Twin Rinks since I’ve been playing in their leagues for a while to see if they would sponser us.

^^^
Agreed if your in need of a sponsor ANYTHING is worth a try, just dont get discouraged if you get 20 no’s before a yes.

i think (and hope) willy meant local bars as in local to the tournament, not local as in buffalo. a buffalo bar would be either extremely generous or just plain retarded to sponsor your team that will be playing in minnesota. i believe will meant check with bars in the area of the tournament.

yes.