LG Chocolate video problem

When I try to send the vid to my email address, it tells me that the file is too large to send. It’s about 3 and a half minutes long. The video is saved to a 512 mb scandisk memory stick. How can I get this on my computer? I tried transferring it over through Vcast but since I dont have the slightest clue what the fuck I’m doing it didn’t work out too well.

Were you sending via text message? If so I believe they only allow a max of like 15 second clips to be sent via text messaging…

Take out your 512 and use a SD card reader to connect to the pc and save it that way(thats how i do it due to that transfer issue), if you need help I have one you can use.

Get a card reader?

Yup, I talked to someone today about it and it looks like that’s what I need. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

Yeah I thought so, I had the same problem

I altered my Razr to allow as long as the mini SD would allow, but then when I tried to send it gave me that error, and I realized it wouldnt allow over 15 sec.

I dont think that is the prob…there is a setting that needs to be turned off, it is probably set at about a 16sec max right now, had to do it on my VX8600 (flippy choc.).

I dunno if thats the prob or not with the Chocolate, but its definately not allowed on the Razr since by default it doesnt allow videos of longer than 15, then it wouldnt allow one over that to send.

Call Verizon tech support :slight_smile: haha

I can’t find anywhere where I’d change the setting to allow a longer clip to be sent so I don’t think that’s it. And calling Tech Support is my last option :lol:

ok on mine I had to go to ‘get it now’>pictures and videos>take video>options>video time>available on mem card.

Heres a question:

How did you get it to record longer than 15 seconds?

^^ yeah the Razr doesnt have that option, just length of the clip. So I’m guessing that should solve the Chocolate’s problem.

When the phone was new it only allowed me to take up to like 20 seconds of video…then I changed it to allow me to take longer ones. So unless there’s a different option for how long of a video you can send, then I think the only solution is to get the card reader.

hrmmm yeah It may simply be too big then…

if you want I actually happen to have a USB-Chocolate Data Cable that I can sell ya, I got 2 because the first one I ordered took like 2 weeks too long, and as of right now I am too lazy to return it lol cost me $14 with shipping, yours for 10

Well I already have a cable…here she is…
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/chrisricotta/DSC00005-1.jpg
which is probably the same thing that you have. The problem with that is that using the Vcast software is confusing as fuck to me…and when i open up the 512 card in Vcast it says the video isnt saved on there, even when I specifically saved it to the card. Then I moved the video to the internal phone memory. no matter where I save it, Vcast can’t seem to find it so that I can sync it over.

can you open the files for the phone like a drive?

just send with the sd card. end your misery

you have to downlad a program called BITpim…it’ll let you easily (although not so quickly) transfer data to/from from/to your cell and computer…getting the music/pics from the phone isnt too bad, uploading songs can be slow, as in 15min for 3…

Any one else have their “send” button virtually unworking? I have to press it like 15 times before it will send or go through! WTF LG!!

^^^ I’ve tried messing with the Chocolates and I can never get the button to do what I want, its annoying

you have to either increase the sensitivity or decrease it depending on what your talking about, it does help. But its to the point where i cant make outgoing calls now! fuck!
Jeff is this covered on my warranty?