LG Dare??

you have a time limit to get a new one.

when i bought it the rep told me give it a week and if i dont like it i can bring it back…it’s been 3 days…i’ll find time this week to go, don’t worry dad.

this doesn’t have wifi does it? I actually heard the browser for this was kind of shitty.

i have no idea what wifi is lol…

and…when i am online with this thing, is it using my minutes? i got the premium package or whatever it’s called…the top one, that with the promo they have going on included a free 8 gig memory card for me…

wifi is the ability to use a wireless signal like at starbucks for example to use the internet browsing.

you dont know what wifi is?

I’m in a situation. I just bought the blackberry curve but have 30 days to decide if I like it. What to you guys think on a comparisant on voyager, curve, and the dare. I’m really stuck, I like different things about all of them

what is the difference between using the wireless on the phone as opposed to using the signal in starbucks though? and why are people shocked that i don’t know what wifi is when this is an automotive forum lol. Too often this place is treated like a tech forum. ps. I’m posting from the dare right now :slight_smile:

The difference is you would use a broadband connection just like using a wireless laptop in your house as opposed to using the cell phone signal connecting through verizon…

the voyager and dare are not in the same league as the curve.

but What’s the benefit? I assume wifi is faster?

yes…faster

and no the data is not using your minutes. you got the premium plan, which means you have unlimited data. If you didnt have unlimited data, it still would not use your mintues, however you would get charged $1.99/per MB

so for those that have had this for a couple months now…what do you think of it?

I’ve actually had the dare since it came out. Few minor problems, but other then that i like it. It did shut off a few times randomly but only once or twice since ive had the thing. However currently it is fucked up due to me dropping it and as it was falling kick it about ten feet in the air. So now every now and then the touch screen stops working but if i just flick it against my hand it works. Also there is no damage to the phone visually from the flight it took which ended with it hitting cement. Planning on going to verizon to replace it just no time. Other then that its the best phone ive ever had.

I’ve had mine for a few months. No issues at all. I love the camera.

it’s a great phone, i’ve had it about two weeks now with no issues at all. the only thing that concerns me is how it will react if i drop it.

I know it’s not “cool”, but I put a little wrist lanyard on mine. It’s already saved the phone from hitting the deck 2 or 3 times.

yeah i noticed that in the corner of the phone, it’s probably not a terrible idea

I got mine july 3rd. To date, I haven’t had a single issue with it. I love the features. The touch screen works as good as it did on day one. The camera is phenomenal. I go 3-4 days without charging the phone, constantly texting/calling. Usually i’m at about 2-3 bars of battery life at that point, so i charge it. Last soooo long.
I dropped it once, but i had it in the neoprene case. It was a 4-5 ft fall to the kitchen floor. It didn’t do anything to it. No scratches, no freezing, nothing rattles, didn’t miss a beat.
But yes, this is the best phone i’ve ever had.

If it lands face down your heart will most likely skip a beat and you will not want to pick it up for fear of seeing your screen gone. Happened twice to me so far. One of the drops was from about ten feet onto cement. Broke something on the inside but no cosmetic damage at all thank god. Now i can just take it back and say something is wrong with it and they will replace it.