LG Dare??

My new every 2 for Verizon is almost up. I am thinking about getting the LG Dare. Has anyone tried it yet? I think it just came out the other day.

I read a review on Gizmodo and they had a lot of good things to say about it.

I looks good…and small.

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/06/LG_Dare_Desktop.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/06/LG_Dare_vs_Instinct_Thickness.jpg

looks to be the same as the LG Vu for AT&T, If so its a nice phone.

my BF was also looking at this… think its in stores on the 3rd… from what i heard…but could be wrong.

going to take a look at it this week

im not diggin the whole touchscreen keyboard, seems like it would be a pain in the ass.

i was going to wait to get it, but i got the voyager instead, i dont really like everything touch screen yet. specially when u can crack the screen so easily.

what’s this thing cost? i’m assuming/hoping a lot less than the voyager

If its priced similarly to the Vu, it will be about 199.99 after 100 mail in rebate.

i thought the mail in rebate with verizon was $50…and then you get an additional $100 off for the renewal of the 2 year contract?

Yeah it’s $249 with a $50 rebate.

Okay So same end price, im pretty sure its identical to the Lg Vu that AT&T has.

The phone looks sick. Ive been waiting for it for along time now to come out. Check out the cnet video.

meh… I’ve been up for a phone for a while now to replace my sony-e w810i. I got excited about this for a second – then I read the reviews and decided it sucks… I don’t have an iphone because I’m either at my office, home, or don’t care about internet and thus don’t want to pay for the data plan, but if I was going to get something like this it would be the new iphone which is a LOT better.

I guess I’ll just hang on to my current phone (which I like very much) and see what comes out next.

Looks like a really nice phone to me. IMO, it picks up where the venus left off

Ya I just played with the Vu for ATT and its the same thing pretty much. Its cool. I liked the interface but my big turnoff was that it had limited email support that was native and i needed something that could sync with exchange.

i’m big into texting though…and i’m a t9 addict…i doubt all touch screen buttons could register fast enough to meet my speedy thumb needs…

i had the lg vu, it kinda sucked, i bought the nokia n82 instead

Where is Evolve?

I like the ease of changing the text message input methods from t9 style to qwerty… i wonder how well the “keys” respond…

my new every two is up, i should probably go check this one out…

yea it comes out tomorrow, im goin to verizon in the morning, and planning on getting it…

Meh I like my blackberry better