Light Problem, Need Help Urgently!

Well today I put in some White bulbs into my gauge cluster, took it apart put it all back no problems at all lights up fine.

Well

Here’s the story.

I tested all the lights with the cluster still out, and the on and off switch worked fine.

This was the last time I tested the on/off setting on the lights.

While i was fighting to get the steering column bolted up again the cover behind the steering wheel came loose, so I kind of ripped that off a little harder than i should but nothing broke. So I think.

So, everything is back and put into place and cleaned, however. My lights wont turn off and my headlights wont go down. This is what happens

When the switch is set to On with headlights, the headlights work, everything inside works and outside.

When the switch is set to parking, everything works, except the lights just turn off and even if you push the switch the motors won’t go down.

When the switch is set to Off, the cluster slightly dims, and that’s it, all the parking lights are still on. And the headlights won’t go down!

MOST IMPORTANT: When the key is out, the lights will still be on!

So now it seems I’ve been bamboozled by my ricer lights and I don’t know what’s wrong.

Please help me!

Problem Solved,

There was a short between a constant + and - wire that had been cut and wasnt sealed properly by the previous owner, when i shoved the harness up into the top it must of touched the 2 togeather

How did I find it?

Grabed a harness, got a fucking huge shock and burn and my motors went down. “FUCK its a short!”

problem soved ladies.

I Thank Gautam for the most help on this project. 8)

Thanks for the help, the rest of you :roll:

Where’s my money bitch! Service ain’t free ya know!

i love you to gautam

Ok, this is getting gay. Just the two of us posting in this thread. :greddy:

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Don’t be like Scott and leave the
battery plugged in when messing with electricals.

Always disconnect the Negative cable before doing anything.

First place to check in case of electrical problem is the Fuse panel under
dash near the clutch.

And lastly, grab the FSM from the link in the FAQ & How-to section or
go buy one. Look in the book for more info on the wires.

And add gnlad@hotmail.com to your msn and pester him for help.