little much needed help

i know this is long but im running out of options

i have a friend who was addicted to heroin in/just out of high school…we got him clean for a while before going to the military where he ended up living with another kid from our hs and started smoking weed again…
he came home and stayed off heroin for a while then started using again and hiding it from us while hanging out with other friends
then he got busted so he asked for my help while he was really messed up and hadnt slept for a few days…
we kept him clean for a while and off of everything but then started with a lil weed, followed by smoking all the time, and now im 99% sure he’s using heroin again (wont hang out with us again and goes out with his “other friends”)

i’ve tried talking to him about it but he just says “i know” and doesnt stop…

i dont really want to see him go down the same path but im runnign out of ideas…anyone been in my position/have any serious advice?? :dunno:

call the cops if you want him to get some real help. other than that you might be out of options.

have thought about that but i would really like to avoid that route…afraid that could do more damage than good if i dont try everything else first

what about the kid’s parents?

he’s admitted to them whats going on when he got busted…but they arent much help…

they are…“interesting” people, they are pretty blind to everything and dont really handle things like this well/at all

If you don’t want him dead stop being polite. To many South Hills kids are killing themselfs with that shit. You need to be urgent as well.

punch him in the fucking face. knock him out cold, take him hostage. let him loose once he’s clean. i highly doubt his parents would have an objection

Stage an intervention (however u spell it). Call a rehab place and get some info

Arc house niggah!

Won’t work unless he wants to be there. Once you are over 18, you can release yourself unless you are court-ordered, and the only way you get court-ordered is if you get into a LOT of trouble… not just a little.

Bottom line is, if he doesn’t want help, he’s not going to accept it from anybody, and you can’t force it upon him. I understand you as his friend care about him, but sometimes it’s better to let him make his own mistakes, just don’t push him away if he ever ASKS for your help.

He has to want to stay clean. Heroin’s something that once you’ve tried it, the craving is always there. I used to recommend St Francis, but I heard they’ve shut down. Beating the piss out of him and locking him up wouldn’t matter; even after withdrawal has passed the desire is always there.