LKSi's Wiretuck/Custom Plumbing help thread

This is mostly for the Honda/Acura crowd, but if you have any questions about making a custom wiring harness, hiding wires, running -AN lines, Wiggins lines, whatever, ask me. If I don’t know the answer off the top of my head I can probably find it for you. Below is some useful information…

First and foremost, I will be offering wire tucking services for a fee. More information will be available to those who inquire.

Army/Navy (AN) fittings information

AN fittings are all 37 degree flares. NOT 45 like SAE fittings. You will have leaks if you use a regular flare tool when installing AN fittings.
Summit 37 degree flare tool (SUM-900311)

To convert from AN to SAE is simple. Say you have a 5/16’s fuel line. This means your fuel line is -5AN. If your fuel line was 1/2 it would be -8AN and so on and so forth.

To convert from hardline to stainless steel braided line you need a few things.

1. A tube nut and tube sleeve that is the same size as your hardline
  2. An AN adapter to convert the tube nut and tube sleeve to AN size and thread
  3. An AN fitting to go to the hose.

Like this…
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2926/hardlinetoanci5.jpg

Below is a list of fittings and lines needed to do a custom fuel feed line on a Honda or Acura. All part numbers are from Summit Racing.

After the stock fuel line is cut and the stock fuel filter is removed, put on the following fittings in order

1. Earl’s -5AN tube nut (EAR-581805ERL)

2. Earl’s -5AN tube sleeve (EAR-581905ERL)

Once the tube nut and adapter are on, flare the line, then attach

3. Earl’s -6AN to -5AN reducer (EAR-991907ERL)

4. There are a lot of choices for hose ends. I suggest Summit -6AN straight hose ends (SUM-220690)*

5. Stainless hose (SUM-230603) for 3 feet or (SUM-230606) for 6 feet

6. Another straight hose end (step 4)

7. Inline fuel filter of your choice. Be sure to pick -6AN male on both sides and 40 Microns or less (Go to Summitracing.com>departments>air and fuel delivery>fuel filters)

8. 90 degree female coupler (EAR-935106ERL)

9. An adapter from the coupler to your fuel rail (EAR-991945ERL) This is usually the fitting for an OEM fuel rail. If you have an aftermarket rail, then get a -6AN to (insert your thread pitch here) adapter

*add b to the end of the part number for black anodizing or n for nickel

This is the easiest way of going about a stainless hardline with an inline filter. If you want to get creative, then do it. I’m not going by this exact set-up either ;D

I will update as more questions are asked

Thanks! What is the ballpark cost of the AN fuel setup?

$80-100 for the feed line and inline filter… but most filters are cleanable so you never have to replace them

What do you use to make 37* flares? do they sell a tool for that?

Yeah I added the Summit one to my post… Rigid also makes some really nice ones

Alright, I’m officially open for business. I will be offering a service to the Shift518 and friends community making custom wiring harnesses for those interested. It will take me approximately one weekend (2 days) to make any Honda harness to your specs.
Here is my custom harness
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6762/comparisonny2.jpg

Here is an example of a car with a custom wiring harness

(thanks to NickRPS and Rywire)

I can make your harness in convoluted tubing (like mine)

Looming,

Or shrinkwrap

As you can see a custom harness really cleans up the engine bay and makes everything easy to work with. PM me on here if interested. Price will be $50-100 + the cost of materials depending on application. I can also tuck the headlight harnesses, fuel lines, and brake lines.

wow dude you’re engine bay is really Clean, migHT be askin you for some Help if I geT THaT em1

definitely better than my wiring job

thanks NOT his ya kno…

thats a civic EF

im sure his will look that good tho when hes done

oh sneaky bastard haha

that rex is from cali. its tuck was done by rewire. rep company out west. i guess nobody has seen my bay ;D. i try to get some pics up

What do you have done? Pics!