Local Car Sales People...

So, how bad has it been where you are at?

how had??

Instead of ~120 cars this month, we had ~100. Doesn’t matter though. Gross is up.

where you work?

I know Paddock is hurting. They laid off 13 ppl like 2 weeks ago. The incentives might help. Im suprised more auto makers aren having deals right now

fixed, posted via my iphone… which auto corrected it incorrectly

I bet service will be down, “that Check engine light will just have to wait” -VW driver.

X…

Basil Toyota, only one lay off, but it wasn’t really a lay off. He just sucked.

I’m glad to be where I am during a “recession”. All these fancy schmancy dealerships have hundreds of thousands of dollars in bills every month. We’re simple.

:biglaugh:

Is Tim still working there?

GM stores in WNY did a little bit worse than the GM national average for sales decline in November.

Maybe Paddock should invest more in service bays. I know he is land locked but I have seen dealers who can cover their expenses with service and parts revenue alone.

Paddock might have the loadest voice but he is definitly not hurting the most.

Within the last couple weeks: Sister - Ford Edge, other sister - Honda Pilot, Friend - VW Jetta TDI, other friend - Inifinity QX56.
Big three = 1 for 4. At leats someone is buying something I guess.

Yeah, how do you know him?

yeah but the fancy schmancy costumers aren’t the ones who are hurting during the “recession”:meh:

my friend that works in service at a dealership said that the amount of business they do per week has dropped the lowest it has ever been. he said he’s just waiting for the ax.

northtown sold my mom a new CC. she said the salesman was a total d-bag and seemed like he had not seen a customer in weeks.

smartest purchase of the four = TDI

you don’t know their needs.

she get a good price?

How many cars does Basil Toyota have?
Does he floorplan them himself?

maybe paddock should look at the old al maroone lot/building(I think that was al maroone) down the street.

yep. i’m not sure on the final number but it was good enough to get her to buy another VW.