Local Exhaust shop??

come by sometime. ill need to stop by to have them help me with a rattling heatshield i have, u can come along

I just don’t think I have the cash to spend there, I’ll be working with $600 or so and that needs to include a muffler/resonator.

Frank is hit or miss, he can be a douchebag if your car gives him a hard time

The other couple guys that work there are really good, I forget their name… Dave at inline also does real good work on exhausts, obviously a little more pricey than Broadway but thats because they just don’t do exhaust there, chris has been there for years and has constant business just for exhaust which is why he can be a little on the cheaper side… and unless theres a lot of bends your not going to notice a lot from crush/mandrel bent.

Just ask them if they can bend it without trying to crush it to much, dave doesnt have a madrel bender either but hes just careful when he bends.

Yeah this is an example of the exhaust I’d like to do:

Dave’s beads are much neater than the ones you posted. I’ll get some pics at home and post em for ya. Benny, remind me later on today on AIM, ok?

im actually in need of someone putting a resonator/glasspack in the exhaust i have on my car now to mellow it out and quiet it down… plus have all the seams welded so it doesnt leak… not looking to pay more than like 125$ since i already have the exhaust… just need it cleaned up so to speak.

quiet down you say? ;D
http://www.buddyclub.com.au/ <---- spec IV exhaust is for you then :nod

i just want a resonator welded into the exhaust i already have and weld the seams where this one slip fits together

i would just like to say that is sum UGLY FUCKING SHIT RIGHT THERE!!! i would be truly ashamed!!!.

pix like this make me so much happier that i build my own stuff ass much as possible!!!

I had good experience with Petes Auto. They welded in a muffler for me on my stainless catback, no leaks and very good welds.

Although the guy revving my car up to redline after he was done kind of pissed me off… :idiots

Pete’s is a fucking joke.
My friend’s Monte Carlo’s exhaust fell off after they put it on from the headers back (custom bent) because they didnt weld the hangers on the pipes very well.

Then my brother had a muffler put on his Neon there and they put a 2.25" muffler on a 2" pipe and filled the gap with a bead of weld and spray painted it silver. Really fucking ghetto.

My dad said they used to stick weld with coat hangers back in the '70’s. They probably still do.

I’m gonna get a set of headers here soon, you wanna help me mate em up to my midpipe all pretty like?

Plus last time I had my exhaust welded I had it done at another Schen place and my exhaust hangs mad low, it wasn’t a hard thing to do either, and if you think THOSE welds are shitty you should see mine.

There’s literally extra pieces of god knows what sticking out of the welds :wtf

Damn, that sucks. Like I said they were OK when I went but then again all they did was weld in a muffler. :lol I’ll go elsewhere from now on. Thanks for the heads up! :nod

Exactly what they did for me. This is why I need to buy headers now, people have told me I’m probably losing some power based on the shitty steps in my exhaust.

simply put old exhaust just plain sucks to weld cuz all the shit on it and old galvanize . but when u weld up new exhaust and take sum time to clean and prep it should look alot nicer than in the photo’s. i understand most shop’s make more money by getting it out the door quick. but when sum one come’s in and needs sumthing custom done. i would expect them to take a lil more time , care and sum pride to there work.

after all the horror stories i just build my own with a friend now. much better than anything cobbled together. pre bent mandrel piping ftmfw.

ben, i agree with harold. that e36 exhaust looks like shit. its also gonna be way too loud/ raspy. you’ll want a resonator in the midsection unless you are gonna just track the car from now on.

Benny just wait until I get to complete the exhaust I’m going to build for JClarks ride. Lighten that fugger up real quick. Maybe next year I’ll get to it :lol

Mid-pipe dump valve via cable pull to say fuck you to Spec Miata drivers? Yes.

:+1 and who ever did the exh on your car looks like they did it with a shovel not a welder