Good exhaust shops in town?

Hey, I figured since a mid/downpipe (whatever the non turbo one is :p) is gonna cost me about 200$ new, and I only have axleback exhaust atm, I’d just go find some exhaust shop to weld me up some 2 1/2" piping from header all the way back. Also I wanna get a resonator tossed in there somewhere cuz the exhaust is way to farken loud atm. Here’s the question. Anyone know of any good exhaust shops in town? I called Atlas Auto & Exhaust and explained what I wanted. The guy said it sounds like it’ll be 250-300$ but he really has to see the car to get an actual quote on it. I won’t be doing this til after I get me some 15" steelies and winter rubber on the car though.

I’m considering turboing the spec come spring, so should I just get em to run 3" piping right now or will I have to change that all after I turbo anyways? I don’t mind paying the 200-300$ right now even if I gotta change it all up if I turbo. I dunno if/when I’m going to turbo, and I wanna have some go fast parts til then.

when i was looking for my exhaust, everyone was exactially the same price, so i guess it doesnt matter where you go, but ryan(rage_rman) know some guys a Park Muffler in sherwood park, i guess they do good work, i went there and they were all very helpful when i asked questions about removing my cat, and making my own test pipe and what not, so yah id recomend them. btw i went to alta exhaust too, and they are retared!!! couldnt even lift my car! when he put it on the lift he placed the pads under the car and when he lifted my car, i noticed my side skirts were getting crushed so i told him to put my fucking car down and i drove off! i dont recomend them! (if they cant lift ur car properly, do you really think they know how to do someones exhaust?)

I went to park muffler yesterday. Highly reccomend them. Very nice work did everything exactly how I wanted it. All the welds were very very nice.

I’ve been saying this for like a year now, even X-rider knowss they are good there. Are you part of the Park Muffler T-shirt club now? :E

I’ve been saying this for like a year now, even X-rider knowss they are good there. Are you part of the Park Muffler T-shirt club now? :E[/quote]

haha no. I heard em tell someone else that they were waiting for the t-shirts. Had 40,000 coming or something crazy like that.

haha told ya so, VERY helpfull guys. im going to be dealing with them for everything exhaust related fo eva. did you let em know your part of a NECC, they might of given you a deal.

Edmonton hitch and muffler is sollid as well; very good prices, with good custom work.

I have a extra T-Shirt if anyone wants one :E

It was about 4-5 years ago, but I got my exhaust for my MR2 done at Alberta Custom Exhaust on 50th street. They were really good about explaining everything beforehand (I was an exhaust newb, steered me away from giant fart/coffee cans), fixing a rattle after install, and then when I backed my exhaust into a post a few months later (don’t ask :oops: ) and tore the flex pipe they gave me a really good price on a new one and no charge labour.

Hopefully things haven’t changed in the last few years…

oh they have, i worked there, they are completly diff, i would never recommend them

Good to know, but thats too bad things of changed

In Red Deer, Budget is a great shop. Got a custom 3" TBE done for cheap.

Park Muffler is awesome. I know the owners and they are really good people. They always try to give you the BEST deal they can. I am definitely getting my exhaust there.

I’ve been saying this for like a year now, even X-rider knowss they are good there. Are you part of the Park Muffler T-shirt club now? :E[/quote]

NO… I’ve been saying this for like 2 years now… :finga:

they were pretty good to me! first time i went to get my exhaust installed and everything was there, no cutting or anything just weld on my new exhaust, and i was charged 1.5 hrs for labour(holy shit no way it took that long but w/e)

so the second time i went back to get a res put in and they charged my 89$ for w/e res i wanted(17"chambered btw) and free install. so yah i guess that made up for robbing me on the 1.5 hr install.(funny thing was they said my new exhaust fit PERFECTLY no problems so how did it take 1.5 hrs?)