local import garage

im doing a 6 bolt swap…the motor is out Looking for a good import garage to take it to. The 6 bolt motor is rebuilt and just about ready to go in. Anyone know any close to the pittsburgh area? I was thinkin about flatbedding it to slowboy…any other good ones around? Want a place thats good with dsms and reasonably priced and FAST!

these words do NOT mix!!reasonably priced and FAST!

haha damnit its been outta commision for 8 months…motors out so just needs to be thrown in…figure id rather have it done right somewhere…i have looked at estimates on dsmtuners and to have the complete swap donw its usually at most 800…thats with the current motor in the bay. So, i know what to expect to pay, just wondering if anyone knows good local places that know the cars and can get a good tune…thanks

hydrid dynamics

ya ive read alot of good stuff about them on here! good with dsms? website & info? any other places, experiences?

:bigok:

www.hybridynamics.com

i know theyre good with nissans and hondas…but dsms?

talk to George (brokeasskorean)

Slowboy blows. Hybrid had a bunch of problems with my buddies stock replacement swap.

I suppose you could trailer it to Buschur, but that would suck.

So, I guess I don’t really have any suggestions :dunno:

You dont exactly “throw” a 6bolt into a 2g. I remember symmetry did one that took them over 6-7 months to do.

I should have my shop up and running in a little more than a week. If the engine just needs put in and no other fab work, I can turn it around in 2 days.

funny georges 6 bolt went in with very few issues.

slowboy does good work too.

I would say call hybrid and see what jay says

Slowboy has had more complaints than any other shop I’ve ever heard of. But this isn’t the place for that discussion.

And I never said Hybrid was a bad place, only that I know they had problems with a basic 420a > 420a swap.

well if it so basic why didn’t you do it for your friend?

Please stop dangling from Hybrid’s nuts. I’m sure they do good work, but my friend had a bad experience. The end.

the motor is rebuilt with the head and cams in…need the timing belt put on the flywheel clutch and tranny…thats about it…the normal 7 bolt to 6 bolt switches. I have both motors sitting side by side. want a place with dsm experience and i can rely on to get it done. 2 days sounds awesome but it doesnt need to be that quick as long as its done right. im puttin on a relatively big turbo and my fuel system will need put in with a decent tune. I have the maf and maft along with an afc 2

Sounds like there is some work there. If you want, stop by the shop and we can talk about it. I’m in arnold right down from the dairy queen on freeport rd. headin south. 1709 freeport rd, arnold, pa.

i would hardly call that car a basic 420a to 420a swap. for one, your boy hacked the shit out of that whole car. 2, he never informed me that the car used to be an automatic. 3, he wanted it fixed cheap as possible. 4, his fan relays weren’t working when he brought it in. and 5, the car was a bucket of shit…plain and simple. i feel bad for the poor family that purchased that car off of them. they called me and asked me why the speedometer didn’t work. they were never informed that the car used to be an automatic. when you convert one of those cars, the speedometer wiring isn’t there. which is another point, your boy kept asking why his speedometer didn’t work after he got the car back from me, knowing damn well it never worked after he put the 5 speed in that car.

and lets get out the real reason why it even needed a new motor… your friend tried turbo charging the car himself, that plan backfired on him when the turbo blew up. so he took the turbo off, but instead of taking the t-fitting out of the block for the oil feed, he just capped the line off with a vacuum cap. yes, a vacuum cap. you know…as in that flimsy ass piece of rubber that would in no way shape or form hold back 60 PSI of oil pressure.

but yep, we had problems with it. too bad when you start with a piece of shit, you end with a piece of shit.