Good place for engine swap?

Well, it’s been several weeks since I got my new '00 civic dx and I haven’t been having any problems. I couple of days ago, I was checking my oil when it hit me that my engine was just too damn small. The thing is the size of a microwave, for gods sake!

So, for the past few days I’ve been looking around for a good place to buy a full engine swap from. I was considering either a B18C1 or an H22. I could care less which one I end up getting because the seem to be around the same price range.

What is a trusted place I could order the full swap from with the right mounts, axels, and linkage? This is going to be done in the summer when I’ll have more money, of course.

hybrid connection ftw.

call hybrid.674-2772 and be done with any stress.

newman’s mom’s garage

hes looking for a place to order the swap i think.

Yeah, I’m having my garage guys help me with it. My family’s delt with them for years, so I’m hesistant to let someone else touch my car besides them.

From what I’ve read so far, importautosalvage.com is one of the best places to order from.

http://www.japandomesticmotor.com/

I use www.japanmotorimport.com for my engines mostly. If you find that you need help or that the shop gets half into the project and suddenly changes their minds call me :slight_smile:

Don

by the way what were they going to charge you for it?

I’ll have to call them tomorrow to get a quote.

While we’re on this subject, what are your rates for an engine swap? :slight_smile:

You should investigate the engines a little bit more than similar in price. Esp. if you have plans to mod later on.

Well, from what I’ve read about the H22 so far is that it’s heavier and that if fill up the engine bay tightly. My goal for this swap is looking to be $3000 so far with all the proper parts (mounts, axels, linkage, etc.) and I’m not factoring labor or shipping yet. I’ve also read I need stiffer front springs, as well as a beter radiator and brake set.

The B18c1 is more expensive, but i won’t need new motor mounts (from what I’ve read so far).

Damn, this is an expensive hobby. The B16 is starting to look better and better every minute. :confused:

For $3,000 you will not find a Type R or H22a swap,

You always have to factor in that you dont really know what condition these motors are in, and you will always find something that needs to be replaced whether it be a water pump, timing belt, whatever…

The rule of thumb is take what you WANT to spend, and double it.

yea $3000 won’t be enough, put more into it from the get-go and do it right the first time to avoid headaches later on :tup:

tuuurrrrrrbo

its a 01 which means 0bd2 which means inspection issues

ummmmm im pretty sure ive seen ful h22a swaps for 2 grand, but that might have been a while ago on ebay. if u really want a dohc motor ide say that u should go for something out of the ordinary, like a k20 vtec or ls vtec. If u want to spend less money, just boost ur sohc and call it a day.

Hybrid Connections

as much as i use ebay, i would NEVER buy a motor off there lol

:word:

Find a well used reputable importer…peace of mind is far worth the extra $. Just ask Chino

ur just as likely to get screwed on a motor there as anywhere else, just look at the guy who got a bum tt 300zx motor, its just a risk u gotta be willing to take