local snowboard gear.

so i finally went snowboarding for real. and im addicted, but my boots are too small so where are good places that have a good selection of snowboard boots? figured i’d wait for the spring sales and pick up a new pair.

Ski shop in Latham farms has a good selection and good deals usually when out of season.

Welcome to the sport!

Where did you go?

Do you already have a board (that is the right size?)

Play it again sports always has close outs on their products as well on a budget.

What size foot? I have a pair of Burton Moto’s for cheap. Burton boots and bindings are like new.

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=6202

i have a board, don’t know if its technically the right size but it wors, and underground is the only place i knew and their selection seems to be lacking. i went there on friday. i went to west mountain to ride, going again on wendseday.

1. i can fit in a size 12 shoe, not so much for a snowboard boot. i can fit, and its what i have, but my feet kill me.

I see… let me know if you ever need the bindings haha

im good on everything except boots.

gore/whiteface/west mtn. are the ones i goto ALOT

Ski Market in Latham Farms is overpriced. Play It Again Sports you can normally get the best deal. I normally always buy my gear from Goldstock’s in Scotia when they have their annual Tent Sale in the summer. You can ALWAYS find a deal there. They are over on 98 Freeman’s Bridge Rd just before you hit the train tracks.

I second goldstocks great knowledgeable staff thats been run by the same family for years and their prices are pretty competitive.

i got really nice burtons that were previous rentals from ski market for $50 they are in like, immaculate condition too checkk them out. play it again sports is good too but some of their used boots are a little overpriced imo

thanks, u know when there sale is usually? i really dont have alot of money to spend, nor do i think as a beginner i should be spending a lot.

goldstocks sidewalk sale/tent sale is usually in the summer around august.

If you’re looking for inexpensive play it again sports in peter harris plaza has a lot of used gear that will most definitely be a good bit cheaper than buying new

SKi Market is not overpriced . . . worked there for 2 years. They just have a wide selection from basic beginner products $ - extreme advance products $$$.

They have the best selection in the area. Also they match any competitors prices with proof (newspaper and what not)…

Elliot if you go there let me know and ill talk to one of the managers and get you a discount…

and on a side note Play it again is a joke as far as good equipment and prices

I’ll keep shopping Goldstock’s because i’ve shopped both before. I never said Play It Again had the best gear on the market, they have a great deal if you’re just getting into a sport and don’t want to drop an assload of money on it.

Ski Market has a good selection, so does Goldstock’s though. Just because you worked there for 2 years doesn’t mean the place is the holy grale for ski and snowboarding equipment.

never said it was a " holy grale" but as far as good selection in the area with a variety beginnner equipment and Very Advance equipment ski market it is. And im not putting down gold stocks by any means … they are good

oh and also, if anyone can tell me where locally i can go in and buy the dgk motivation skateboard deck in purple, i will give u 5 bucks when i go home with one.

went again today, so fucking hooked.

Isn’t it great having something to actually look forward to during winter?

i mean, i always look forward to snow drifting, but yes its great to have something else to look forward to and be able to get away from everything for the day.