Locking my thread is unreasonable.

Original FOR SALE thread:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29831

I’m simply selling this car for my friend who doesn’t have the time to come on here regularly to check PM’s, or answer phone calls. I openly admitted this is NOT my car, but my friend’s car and she will be the one who will meet up with whoever is interested. I could’ve easily let my friend borrow my account, post the ad, then let me handle the sale as if I was the owner… so what difference does that make?

So if any mod would kindly unlock the thread, i’d appreciate it. This was not meant to be a scam sale, geez…

Pretty sure there’s something in the rules about not posting cars for friends… so it wasn’t unreasonable. Yours isn’t the only thread I’ve seen locked for that reason.

Yes it is in the rules, but there has to be some exceptions. It is a local sale, and all buyers are welcomed to take a look. In fact, I’m just organizing the sale or any meeting and the actual owner will be the one bringing the car.

nobody is above son law! only below it

get use to thread locking, it happens a lot here

welcome to son

I guess in that case finding parts for your car here will be close to impossible.

you can find parts here, you just have to follow the rules when posting your own stuff

and imo, that car is overpriced, but for whatever reason, son is full of overpriced cars at the moment

maybe s chassis’s are back on the rise (iono)

matty/DJPyro pretty much summed it all up :o

Sorry bud.

So what’s a reasonable price then? The price is negotiable according to my friend. I don’t even own a Nissan, I joined this site to read up on parts and tech stuff and to help my friend out.

dontknow, because i dont know if those parts were urchased new or used and how much labour went into the car

but you gotta remember that you dont get back what you put into cars, even if you have the most rare top baller stuff

but who knows, its not my car, so you ca price it where you want

son tends to lowball anyways so you might get what you should in the end.

rules are rules. just gotta follow them.

tell your buddy to sign up on son.

i agree. overpriced. maybe if it was an S14 SR Blacktop in there, and more mods.
But even the 97-98 Sleeper 400+HP Kouki is priced cheaper than what your friend is looking for.

I doubt anyone would buy it for that much, unless it was fully done up from head to toe, even then, it would be increasingly difficult to sell on son.

Your friend has a very basic set-up.

try autotrader? still bet you won’t get what you’re asking.

just my two cents.

Here’s the PM’s.

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you expect her to create an account, introduce herself, and post the ad? What difference does it make if she logged onto my account and posted it OR i log onto her account and handle the sale? Same thing!

And another thing, you mods take the phrase “rules are rules” so literally. No wonder ppl bash this forum, and I can see how pathetic this site is. You do realize that a CAR is a physical machine that a buyer can TEST DRIVE, take it to their mechanic, and make a decision?

I think it would be harder to scam someone for a car than a car part. Especially when the car is registered, with ownership, insurance, and any other bit of info that a buyer wants to see.

G’head, argue some more, they just might make an exception for you.

I appreciate you using proper English, spacing, and punctuation, but you’re still whining and sucking like a little girl. Rules are rules. That’s like trying to justify that it’s ok for you to speed and not get fined because you’re a good driver, it’s everyone else that sucks, and therefore should follow the rules…

LOL… Wow you sound like a moron to even compare speeding to this. For an officer not to fine someone speeding because they are a good driver is called “following the rules”? HUH? Go back to school you troll… you’re adding useless posts to this thread. I’m trying to reason with the MODS first, since the rules are rather strict and doesn’t give me the chance to sell the car.

anyways… i’ll just forget about this small situation regarding the rules, since “RULES ARE RULES”. Mod’s, you can close this thread.

Let’s assume that someone from this board bought the car and then later found out that the car was stolen or maybe all bondo’d. They will come after you first. Not her.

You can’t just be like “i have nothing to do with this. i just posted for her”

Keep in mind that I’m taking this to the extreme. But that is one of the reasons why we don’t like people to sell for someone else.

wow. good post mark.

(has to be one of the first)

its happened before many times where complications came up because of he said she said …

so the rule to have the original owner take care of it was put in place for the protection of both seller/middleman and buyer

you can post the ad up… leave the contact info… the thread will be locked, and that’ll be that

the thread doesnt get deleted… and it still comes up in searches. it’s our way of showing we don’t like to see people post cars for sale on behalf of someone else.

it’s that simple.