Shit talking in FS threads

Like, wtf mang?
http://son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31808
Sure, his car is a total ripoff, but you can PM him that instead of posting it in his thread. The mods are gonna have to clean it up, and it just makes more work for them. I doubt the seller will change the price anyway, considering how far his asking is from what it’s really worth. Just wasting everyone’s time.

Mine was not a shit tlk btw I just mentioned it as a joke. The people after pushed it quite a bit. If he sells it he sells it no matter the price

i agree.

DO NOT REPLY IN FS THREADS IF YOU ARE NOT DIRECTLY INTERESTED IN THE ITEM

bans are in store for anyone who continues to talk shit or make unnecessary comments in any FS thread

so based on jammin’s post in Other Items… (here)

do the people of SON think it’s fair to allow posts with ‘too high price’ warnings in other FS threads?

Personally i find it helpful, some people on here know more then others about items and there information is very valuable. Someone in the computer field will know more about anything then the average Joe will find spending a fair deal of time on.

in my own defense, i think i did a pretty good job of providing some evidence that i wasnt just talking shit about something i know nothing about.

for those who dont know what were talking about:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?p=278128

i’d like to hear your opionions also.

if the guy wasn’t stating “deal of the century” and “you know this is an amazing deal” i wouldnt have said anything, but i felt like he was being misleading and I don’t see anything wrong with clarifying for potential buyers.

my main concern isn’t so much with the criticsm of prices itself…

but rather how this is done and what it leads to.

in 99% of cases it leads to discussion and arguments between people who have zero interest in the item in the first place

it turns the thread into a clusterfuck and mods shouldnt have to clean up every other FS thread because of it

i dont disagree with letting people know when a price is too high… but the WAY this is done is equally important…

other people then see that one person posted about so THEY need to put in their two cents… and it just snowballs from there

the easiest way, as of now, is to just not allow such comments in the first place

if posters could behave and not act like monkeys everytime then i could see this approach working

but the way it is now only causes more shit than it solves

I’m torn both ways on this one, b/c this isn’t a computer forum, and it’s safe to assume that some ppl have no clue what it’s actually worth. And I do agree with what John said about how nothing would’ve happened if the OP wasn’t bragging about how crazy of a deal it is. Yes, maybe for him, because he’ll be getting rid of his stuff at retail, but not for whoever buys it.
As for cars, I think we should have a rough price guide on what stuff is worth in the FAQ or something, and then forbid ppl from bitching about price. Like for example: Stock S14 4-6K, subtract 500-1000 for auto, add 1000 for exceptional condition. etc…

It’s tricky becuase the interested buy should do research for himself if it actually matters/ is in interested in buying. Than again this is a SON COMMUNITY where we watch each others backs and help noobies out. Everyone by now knows not to buy from Nelly and the prices vary due to Supply and Demand. I’m really indecisive about this.

Wow. How fucking cheap can you guys be? That car is probably worth $30,000 and he’s only asking $20,000.

If you don’t have the money then you guys should shut the fuck up and just ignore that thread.

now granted jammin put up the wrong items aswell… of course the price is gonna be lower, add in a legit os and legit games and legit software the price will obviously go up… he put up a vid card thats 1/2 the price of the one i listed, he put a cheapy monitor up there with 1000:1 contrast and 5ms response time. no pnp no additional outputs. try 3000:1 contrast ration and a ms response time with vga, dvi, component, rgb, and ywr aswell with PnP and a service plan on it and your talking alot more moeny… get your facts straight, if you know me at ALL you will understand i give good deals to son members, look at my history, selling 7950gx2’s that were 750 each for 200 each… get your facts straight, THEN post. i have no problem with you posting, until you put int he wrong items. i look at the market, and make a price accordingly. btw can you delete the locked thread so others dont haveto read, aswell as give jammin a 3 day temp ban for posting wrong info about MY computer on MY FS thread? kthx

i vote to ban me also. i fucked up LARGE.

so add $140 for the OS (Assuming Windows XP Pro) and +$200 for the monitor even though it’s probably more like +$90 or +$100

you can also add $200 because he’s right, i did price the wrong graphics card and I apologize for that. Although its not worth the $750 that he claims, a quick search on google shows they are easily available for less than $550. Even straight from Dell.ca they are only $660 and they ass rape you on peripherials.

you’re still selling a computer thats worth less than $2900 including taxes and claiming its worth $4500.

I don’t see people posting their kouki’s for $20,000 and claiming they are worth $35,000 or whatever because thats what they paid when they bought it 9 years ago. It just doesn’t work like that. Sorry bud!

i apologize for the mistakes in my quote, i did it pretty quickly but my point still stands that your computer isn’t worth anywhere near what you are asking. Technology holds its value for days, not weeks or months.

I personally think it would be wise to disallow pricing comments.

If I wanted to buy X-item, but it was priced $250 and I KNEW it was worth only $150 in reality or in today’s market bla bla, i’d PM the seller and discuss it with them. They might even thank you for it had they not really known what to price the item for or for the enlightenment of why their item wasn’t selling. If they don’t want to budge on what I call an “unfair price” (which may be true of course) then I don’t buy - simple.

Mike honestly, you’re an awesome mod BTW.

Nicely put.

But my retort to your stance is that this is supposed to be a CLUB, and at least in my personal opinion it is unfair for my fellow club members to be mislead and I believe that if I know that I know better than most of the potential buyers for something it is my duty to inform them that the price may not be fair.

I’m obviously not going to over pay for a computer because I know what it’s worth. Someone else without this knowledge may not be so savvy.

And I agree, Mike is an awesome mod.

Um, I’m new here, so I’m going to throw my opinion out there and hopefully not get kicked in the nuts.

As for the computer thread, the computer is over-priced, and I just threw together a list of parts that would make a faster machine. Not to mention many of the parts included on the computer aren’t necessity items unless you’ve got a massive budget and you’re the most pro gamer out there. Given that this is a car forum, and not a computer forum, its nice that other people watch each other’s backs to make sure nobody gets shafted.

Solarian I think said something about an FAQ that would outline base car prices as a guide, which wouldn’t be a bad idea regardless of what pricing rule is laid out, but given the wide variety of mods available for these cars, it would be hard for the prices to be very accurate (still, it would help).

Legit software never raises the price of a used computer.
The vid card argument is valid, but it’s only a $200 difference, I checked.
You didn’t give any information on the monitor, when I read Gateway monitor, no additional info, I safely assume it’s the cheapest shittiest 21" on the market. Either way you slice it, your pricing is fair at best. If you want John banned for 3 days, I demand you take off deal of the century from your thread title.

EDIT:
Mark 30K for that car??? And how long does he have to suck my dick for? 4 years? 5? Much better cars sell for 12k all the time, don’t give me that shit. It’s a nearly bone stock SR kouki, and all the mods it has on it are like the cheapest ones available.

I’m in class now and so I can’t calculate and show you the prices but you know how much shit is worth. Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little, the car is probably worth $28,000. The only reason why I said $30,000 was because it sounded better.

Make/Model: 97 USDM S14
Mileage: 210000 KM <-- high as fuck

-1998 SR20det S14 Drivetrain.
-Greddy Rocket arm stopper installed.
-Engine is stock.
-Custom V-mount intercooler/radiator (radiator is copper core) - decent rad, cheap intercooler setup
-Coolant self-bleed tank.
-Custom 3" exhaust (dual tip, without muffler) - cheap

Suspension:
-KTS Coilovers - cheap coils
-Rear strut tower bar - could be pilot lol
-A-TECH 18x9 +20 with 225/45/18 - cheap wheels

Electronic:
-HKS EVC4 boost controller
-Field Turbo time (with digital Boost guage, speed cut etc.)
-Defi Tach.
Big fuckin deal, whoop tee do
Also comes with the car (but not install on car yet):
-rear z32 brake coversion. cheap to buy, bitch to install, so… cheap again
-custom top-mount Exhaust manifold could be ebay
-T3/t4 turbo same
-external wastegate same
-17" OZ racing (17x8 17x9 +35) with tires weak size
-3" Megan racing rear muffler section (bolt-on exchangeable with the dual tip exhaust) dirt cheap

Insert dyno for near stock power here

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31790

Perhaps then the compromise could be allowing a respectful price challenge, but bringing out the ban stick when someone is just doing it to be a tard? :stuck_out_tongue: