Reason 90% of car FS threads on SON don't have pictures. RANT

Because they’re most likely shit boxes with so much rust/ things wrong with them, that the seller is afraid of posting the pictures publicly and having them exposed as selling a less than “mint” car. Which always seems to be stated in the for sale thread. They know that by posting pictures they will deter potential ignorant buyers who don’t know what they’re looking for due to other members possibly commenting on the questionable quality of the car.

Because let’s be honest. If you were serious about selling a decent car than you’d be posting pics. Don’t give me that “I don’t know how” shit. Because no one is that brainless in this day and age. A simple 10 second search of “Image hosting” on google lands you 61,600,000 hits.

Anyways…be Warned about posters who request to send pics via e-mail. Hoping that in doing so they will snag some ignorant victim while not risk being exposed to the forum as the scammers/liars they are.

I agree… and there are so many shady people in the 240 scene, at least with my car buying experience, the best is when I see someone selling a real POS for double its value just because the frame rails were clean… Oh well, and yea I’m always hearing about younger guys getting screwed over. I would also recommend trusting cars over auto trader more seeing as people payed to have their cars advertised there, as well as avoiding any dealers.

I’m starting to love this thread…

don’t know why your complain. picture or no picture stuff don’t sell on son unless its free. If not they offer 1/4 of your asking price and after they give you their offer and you agree with it they disappear.

75% of all statistics are made up

that cant be more true, i posted up free motors a while back all they had to do was show up to get it i had so many ppl want me to holdl the motor for them , and nothing else, I even had a guy message me and say that because i was giving them away he would come and get all the free stuff i was giving away , “to help me out " if i gave him $20 gas, because i live in caledon. and he lived in Brampton. Its getting pretty hard to roll through this bored and not say " what the fuck is goin on here”. i hope everything will get better

farmer

Farmer, I guarantee you that the guy who asked you for $20 in gas was brown.

^^^^^
150 thousand percent!!! (in russel peters indian voice)

Wow farmer you gave things away for free and still had to pay someone to take it. lol Should of called me. i would of give you money for the motors.

Yea Some people on son can only think of them selves. ive been selling parts to people and time after time i get 16 year olds who want me to drop of the parts cuz they dont drive or their mommies wont let them borrow the car. They wont even give me gas money. That is bad parenting.

Back on subject,
i find when i see mint in a ad(Mint is a candy you wacko’s), its the total oppisite. when i bought my 2 240sx, the guy wanted $2500 with bad frame rails and floors but it was MINT. Then 4 month later it was $1200, then $800, Then the day before it was going to be towed, $400. lol So after getting a car that was believed to be worth $2500 for $400, i still knocked him down to $350. It still wasn’t worth that.

Their is a good reason why no blue book value for these cars anymore, people dont take car of them.

lol is this suppose to be something of a new revelation on son240 bahaha

so how much of this is true?

^^^^ no just stating the obvious

farmer

3/7 people know that!

or take actual car appraising into consideration when looking at these cars.’

you will see in most cases the seller should pay you to take them

just went through this with a buddy and a prelude that has sat for 2 years and needs a fuel tank and lines,

ROOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLL @ Farmers story bout the brown dude askin for gas money so he can pick up a FREE motor…

thats…

why.

Lmao, Farmer you had someone ask for gas money? Wtf?

I told you I would come get the motor :wink: and I was true to my word, however, I realized after you didn’t grab in the beer in my trunk lol.

well most people on son who sell cars and dont post pictures usually have an asking price of 700.00 and less, for a whole car…even if they say its ment you bettter believe its not.

martino how many did u give him?

thats a wicked gesture… very classy of ya

I had two 6 packs in my car somewhere lol

wen Season says its mint its mint. tis the season to be jolly. tis the truth. all my cars are MINT 100%. :slight_smile: and now the rant.
all other kiddies that wanna look young like me and stating their car is mint can prove it by letting me jack up their car anywhere i want until somewhere crushes or rots. lol. everyone misuses the word MINT in their fs thread.

i go to a shop that sometimes my car gets worked on and he does sr swaps for customers and i see rusted rotting up shells putting in a sr. im thinking wth is going on ppl asking for suicide…and he agrees but business and personal opinion is seperate.