Why is it that...

Asians are stereotyped as being cheap but if I remember correctly, about 9/10 of the people at the last bing’s meet weren’t Asian.

Wikipedia should be updated.

what does being cheap, asian or white have to do with coming to a meet?

Just give it a while, read it again, I’m sure someone will explain it soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

i realise what you said, asians didnt come to the meet so how could they be cheap… but i fail to see the correlation regardless of who came to whatever event.

I think Mark’s implying that most SON members are cheap.

To be honest, we’ve got a weird situation here, buyers low-ball and sellers inflate the price to counter.

Bing, being asian/white/etc means nothing, but being sexy like you means everything.

you cant group all SON members into ‘cheap’

i’ve spent $15k + on my car, there are tons of people on here (dan, farmer, ed, sasha, andrew etc. etc) who have all spent significant sums of money on their cars.

as a portion of total income there are many more who spend more on their cars than anything else.

the issue is that S13’s cater to a younger crowd in a lower income bracket and therefore they cannot spend as much in absolute dollars on thier cars.

That said, i’v either just finished up and am in the middle of working with a few guys who are all spending several thousands on their cars this off season, same with last season. they just dont brag about it on the forum.

instead you find out about it at my meet.

what about the dutch, Scottish and uhm, Hebrew’s…

maybe your right birdthou, they were too cheap to justify the fuel monies…

(not racist in any way shape or form)

Bing, I agree that the S13’s cater to a younger market and thus a lower income bracket. But the portion of people with a good budget is a fraction of the users, not the majority. For total member count vs. number of users with an budget over $6000 is low.

Hey Bing, I’m sorry if you’re misunderstanding me.

You can spend $15,000 on your car and still be cheap. (I’m not saying that you’re cheap)

Bah. Next time I’ll put stuff into simpler terms due to all this misunderstanding.

I better put an example here right now:

Say you go to a bar with a few friends and they are all “rich” (they make good income with no bills to pay). And when the total bill comes… they are like “uh… here’s $5 to cover my bill… when they bought like a few beers.”

Just because you make $100,000 a year and spend a lot of money on stuff doesn’t mean that you aren’t cheap.
You see what I’m trying to say?

Mark has a point.

But it’s not just SON; it’s the internet in general.

When you try and make deals on line its a lot easier to lowball someone from
behind your monitor.

Try and do that in real life.

Mark, the problem is, no one knows what your trying to prove.

thats 100 percent true, if we didnt discuss pricing over pm and low ball, no one would get anything sold because even over the phone, no one is going to low ball somone they really want something from. i wouldnt call mark and ask for his “whatever” cheap, but over the internet sure, if he says yes… bonus for me, if he said no, fuck, no skin off my back right? its only internet.

the problem is that some people don’t respect the seller’s asking price and just make up their own pricing based on what they’d like to pay in their own dream world

i agree it’s pointless to get upset over stupid internet BS… it’s not worth the aggravation some people seem to be experiencing.

But at the same time, there is some degree of respect that is called for in classified posts.

Thank you. Now that I think of it, it’s so true, my question is answered. :slight_smile:

Minus well end this thread with …

:fnf2:

Amirite, or amirite? :dunno:

:picard:

^this is the reason why rather than making “an offer” on used parts advertised on SON I usually just send a PM saying; “what would you like to get for it, rather than offer/couteroffer…”

but yeah, your point has been made in a roundabout method.

meh, you’re just doing things the wrong way.

:worf:

I have spent a lot of $$ on my car and I am Broke and Cheap.

So where does that leave me ???