LOL...I thought my car knowledge was limited

So there’s a kid at work that talks about his pontiac grand prix gt…he was telling me about his motor swap plans and dropping 5k into every performance part possible into it…I just listen and laugh to myself inside…well today I was telling him about the new whip and my plans for the summer…another fellow employee jumps into the convo and asks me if i’m going to put a speed chip and race chip into my car…than enters employee #4 into the convo and he tells me I would see significant results from installing an e-bay speed chip into my car…than of course the kid with the Grand Prix said he would smoke me if he had Nos…I couldn’t take it anymore and had to leave the conversation…I now do not feel like a total idiot when it comes to modding cars…lol!!!

Yeah I love people like that. Makes me feel so smart, but my job does that on a daily basis too. :slight_smile:

yeah

i don’t know nearly as much as a lot of people on this forum, but i try not to talk about my car to the non-car people i know for fear of them talking themselves into a hole like that

EDIT: fuzzy bludgeons rabbits with half-full propane tanks, don’t listen to him

And not the pussy ones you find on propane grills either. :tup:

thats why when people ask about my car i tell them what it is, and then tell them to leave it at that…

if they try to talk more, i put my finger to my lips and say “shhhh, better to remain quiet and thought of as dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”

So you have a supercharged rotary in that z right?

I love when people tell me I can get 300hp out of my taurus with a chip. Damn must be doing this all wrong.

you can.

But you have to add salsa to the chip

I hate people that have no idea about how a car works.

Sweet, does the spicy stuff add 15 to the top-end? Maybe +2 if it has a vinyl label on the jar?

Maybe I’ll go out for a cruise in my “Australian” car tommarow with the salsa chip installed and see if the butt dyno picks it up. But I’m guessing it just makes the magic fire box smell funny.