LOL let the flaming begin - My 2 runs from Norwalk at the DSMShootout

First run I ripped a 90degree coupler about 2in at the top of 3rd, came out of the hole a little too hard spun all the way through 1st. 12.5@130 LOL [ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrAexsEffgc”]YouTube - MOV03319[/ame] Attempted to fix the coupler to get into eliminations, didn’t work…it held again until the top of 3rd then split further than the first time. We played with the studderbox and antilag at the line to try and come out softer and it just fouled the plugs (you can hear it at the launch then clear up through 1st) Packed the car up on the trailer after this run as we couldn’t get another coupler to replace the one I split. 13.6@121 ROFL. [ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAX8eGYyQmI”]YouTube - MOV03321[/ame] Oh well, I’m still working bugs out and at least it made 2 passes without drivetrain/shifting problems. I was able to shift the car at 9850 in 1st without issue this time as that was plaguing me at PRP earlier this year. car is still untuned as it’s just the default settings for DSMLink V3 I haven’t played with it yet as I’m getting drivetrain bugs worked out. It has 135mph traps in it easily with a non-split coupler and a little timing play. I have to degree my cams as I didn’t get to do that the last time. Turbo is starting to smoke at idle and will need to be rebuilt over winter again (F PTE) Flame the car all you want I know it sucks at the track I can’t drive it worth a shit both 60’s were 2.7-2.9 one spun one bogged although I think I rolled through the light while on the studderbox the first run I’m pretty sure I saw it trip as I was still building boost. I dont’ care, it runs, it didn’t explode, it doesn’t knock, and it went 130mph which is up 10mph from the last time I took it to the track.:3some:

Here’s a pic from the track:

And the coupler I split:
http://photos-f-4.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs153.snc1/5692_269343095056_840635056_8386261_1801098_n.jpg

damn. just an uphill battle. you will get it to run what you want soon.

how many PSI to split the boot like that?

42 that run. I blew out a throttle shaft seal the day before so I was attempting to bandaid that with more boost and extra timing up top. Im pretty sure my cams need degreed as its down on power for that psi (just like last time where +6 on intake gave us 100whp on the dyno)

That coupler was a name brand non-ebay 4ply :frowning:

130mph is pretty impressive to start a base off.

ive got my silcone from ETS and havent had any issues. its a company on EBay up around washington state

keep at it sooner or later things will fall into place

lol good job. dsms suck.

atleast ur trying:bigok:

Get a better coupler, or weld a 90* on there, get some more time at the track and put those 130mph traps to use.

no flaming here, that’s badass to have a car “limping” to a 130 trap speed.

x2!

How many years have you had that car haha?

9 quickest et stil 12.43@112 on 2004 and it was nowhere near as hard to launch back then. Even with the shitty launches i still almost broke 100mph in the 1/8th

you’ll get there! at least its more than what others are doing

no flames here. Although you somehow manage to break shit i’ve never even heard of! Throttle Shaft Seal? :rofl:

I’m just stoked to see it make a pass! Keep plugging away bro!

The q45 throttle shafts have pressed in seals to keep them from leaking between the shaft and housing…although very stron apparently not immune to high boost blowouts :(. The car wants take off quicker with the aluminum driveshaft I just need to become a better driver. take 1.5 seconds off my 60 woulda bene a nice 11.0 high 10s pass :slight_smile:

x2 breaking something and still trapping at 130 is pretty impressive.

Once the cams are degreed I’ll be back at prp for a few runs. I was so happy to have it click into gear at 9000rpms i didnt care about the launch. I love listening to the 2nd vid after it burns off the plugs and rips through 1st.

I still can’t fathom how you rev that thing to almost 10k.

• press big pedal on right
  • watch tach till it reaches around 10krpm
  • press clutch
  • shift gear
  • release clutch
  • repeat as necessary

:rofl:

wasnt that against Mike?

I never officially ran him but that was the run he decided he couldn’t live with me being faster :P.