London Area members - [wednesday's @ 9:45pm]

I jsut got my first 240sx as well. Im 5-10 mins away from the north end of london. Once its on the road (next week) a meet should be in order.

Lol, what do you need to get it running?

hey kyle, i want to see this miata finally when your done for the mid october week. and you get my initial d live action dvd back from your sister haha?

Haha, I have the DVD with me in Barrie. I was thinking the other day I should probably get it back to you.

There’s a picture of the Miata in this thread.
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39408

which reminds me, hey mark can i borrow your initial d? and wongger you got the red one that goes to fanshawe and you live by oxford and adelaide at the same place as the yellow s14 with the spearco IC on it and the advan rims? if it is you then you parked next to me the other day, i was in that green neon when it was raining. if thats not you then i need to get a fucking life…

Does anyone on here have a red coupe with an aftermarket twin tip myffler. Looks completely stock other than that. I was parked in the DQ/Fleetway Bowling parking lot and I came out and that car was parked right beside me. It was weird cause thats what my car strated out as. Anyone on here??

That red hatch is me, now stop stalking lol

YAh it wasn’t me stu, but I was going to buy the white 240sx off you, your kevins friend arent you lol. But Corey B that was me in the red 240 that parked beside you lol, I pmed you.

Are these meets getting serious yet, or is it still two cars and a bicycle? lol I wouldn’t mind coming out one night if there’s a good group.

i dont’ think there’s been one for awhile…i just came back in september, and there hasn’t been one that i’ve know about yet.
which is part of the reason i went to the the kitchener one haha

Yah, London is lame. Nobody wants to cruise with me T_T haha

cruising cost gas haha,
parking with a coffee is more cost effective!

very true. Thats the life of a poor student lol.

Does anyone in the London/St. Thomas area know where to get metal? I’m looking for some metal to patch my car up <_<. I think 14/16 gauge.

Gotta figure that out and where to get a welder from @_@.

I’v had really good luck with metal supermarket by clarke and oxford beside leevalley tools

Sweet, thanks. I drove past there yesterday actually, just didn’t know if they actually had anything like I was looking for.

Any suggestions on welders btw? I was looking at the one on sale at crappy tire this week, but I’m not sure about it given the fact it IS a mastercraft thing. The next step up is the Lincoln Electric one that’s about double, heh.

The car needs some floor repairs, and probably a little bit of frame repair. Eventually the rockers will probably need to be replaced, so if I buy one, I’d like it to be able to weld those up if possible :/:.

take a look at princess auto or tsc. what kinda car is it? you may want to look at the 240v ones for frame repairs unless its a 240 then you could probally get away with a good 120v, also look for a gas mig… I tried a CT welder a few years back, its not good at all. Those hobart ones seem to be the cheapiest and they work really well.

It’s a 240sx I’m welding up. I don’t have a 240v plug around, so I’ve gotta get a standard one. I’ll be getting a gas mig (not just a flux core one), and that’s the one available at CT for $250. I’ll check TSC tomorrow maybe, I’ve got one about 10 minutes from my house. Princess auto had the Lincoln Electric one like CT as well, and another one, but it had the same settings at the Mastercraft one, so I didn’t anticipate greatness.

I’ll look around for a hobart one.

I have a 110v Lincoln one from CT. I fixed a lot of patches on my 89. It works but if you want to do a decent job with good penetration you will need one with more power. When I got hit in the 89 all the welds I did blew apart.

If you are in st thomas go to yarmoth metals on hwy 3 just befor the airport. I am from st thomas and have bought some small peices of steel from them before, and being a metal fab shop I am sure that they will have sheet metal. I have also bought some 1/4’" aluminum there as well.