Look what showed up today...

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5243/img00041az3.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4240/img00040xy8.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8435/img00039lb3.th.jpg

This is the 4cyl Turbo Premium Package with the leather, sunroof, heated seats and infinity sound system. I took it out but because of the weather and the fact that it is the first one, I could not really test it like I would have liked. Interior and Seats are awesome. I feel that my s14 pulls stronger but that is no surprise because the Coupe is heavier but there is lots of potential.

lol I knew what this was gonna be before I even opened it…

So how do they seem up close and personal/driving? I know you couldn’t exactly “put it through it’s paces” but still, initial impressions, beyond “my S14 pulls stronger”?

^^^ hard to say without really giving it a good run. I think the interior is perfect. The seats hold you really nice and everything is laid out the way I like it. I really like the exterior of the car with the exception of the front grill. It could use something a little nicer. The shifting is short and smooth so no complaints there. The exhaust has a nice note to it. It redlines at 6500 and somehow I did not notice the exact spot where the turbo really gets to work. It holds the ground well on turns and i am sure that I can let it go if the traction control was turned off. I mean its hard to get into any more detail from a ten minute test drive but if it was within my means, I would buy one for sure.

not bad didnt really expect to see that…

mmmmm, so these are landing in ontario now eh? shouldn’t be long till the full series is here. any ideas what the financing is gonna look like? something promotional perhaps? or would it just be the standard financing available for all their other cars?

Yeah we should have a v6 this coming week. We placed a huge order. Mostly for the base 24,500 ones in the 6 speed since we figured that would be the big seller… should have them all here in the next few weeks… in terms of financing, we should have an answer by tomorrow. Its between 0% and 2.6% on our other new cars so that would be ideal

thats alot of rubber hoses under there… factory always look so clustered i`d probably buy 1 but after a few years so that bugs could be worked out

i must say, after seeing the different colours at the auto show im very impressed by the job they did. pictures really dont do the car justice at all.

if i get a new car, this thing is surely to be a contender against the wrx

the 370z looked like shit i found the new gtr looked killer and the 370z was a disappointment but the genisis looked really nice in red i found

its a hyundai how good can it be ? wait till these turbo’s start breaking down

5/100,000km bumper to bumper warranty

having worked at hyundai, i can safely say that all the new ones are made quite well.

lol… so simple minded.

awaiting fobwalls comment to this remark.

hyundai needs to buy you a better camera and some proper hosting.

not enough mark up in the cars for that lol…

So I drove one today with a buddy. He has an '07 Mustang GT for dry summer days, and a '00 Prelude DD that is going to go to make rrom for a new car.

We were very impressed. It was the V6 6spd base model, which is pretty much fully loaded. and 306hp

A few things of note:

Nice beefy clutch that grabs well when shifting fast
cool VQ-esq exhaust note
Dash was nice. Kinda looks funny from the pass. seat tho
Great steering wheel
Firm but giving suspension

Great power. The Kouki would smoke it off the line, but I’m sure on the highway it would give me a good run, especially with the 6 speed and good power in the upper range. I’m guessing late 3rd to early 4th gear (in the Kouki) is where it would start to catch up… Anyone know the 1/4 mile times on the 6?

So yeah, you can still tell it’s not a Nissan or Infinity with a few little corners being cut, but it is a great price for what you are getting.

Couple cons:

Shifter boot is velcro’d on with a snap button.
As the prince said, the grill could be a bit nicer, but I think they were trying to keep the shiny, dare I say ‘bling’ factor to a minimum as it doesn’t have any of the brushed aluminum that is abused so much these days.

All in all, not very many cons… I’d say great car all around.

Oh, and yeah I took the traction control off and gave her pretty good… It seemed like something kicked on and it got traction all of a sudden, but I had a pretty good smoke show with no brakes. After feathering it a bit, and 20’ skid marks from the LSD, something kept the revs down and it hooked up.

Yea, apparently turning “off” the tcs dosnt actually turn it off, just reduces it, thats why you could still feel it kicking in. You gotta pull the fuse to actually get rid of it fully.

according to my the guy that did the sales training, they were supposed to allow it to turn off completely. The Genesis sedan cant be turned off but the coupe can be… maybe stability control?

^Yeah but what good is fully defeatable TC when the stability management kicks in to correct anyway…?

I was under the impression it was fully defeatble as well… Hrm… I’m looking forward to a test drive, anyway.

what is the weight balance like on these cars? in various trim levels?