Looking for a good 4wd transmission builder.

I’ve got an 03 Nissan XTerra in the shop that has a severe case of corrosion between the transmission mount and the transmission case itself. Looks like a bad case of dissimilar metal corrosion. It was bad enough that it ate through the case enough to cause it to start leaking slightly.

Looking for someone who can dismantle this and replace that one section of the case.

FWIW, it’s a 3.3 N.A., 5-speed manual

Northeastern trans parts on baily … IMHO … the BEST

Come on Jason JB Weld that bitch LOL

so ironic that you post right now. I’ll tell you why later

Do they just sell parts or do the disassembly/reassembly also?

hell…I’ll just call them

It would be called job security- If it leaked and i got the complaint i could just play dumb LOL

and ??? whats going on?

nope. they said they don’t do Nissan.

Oh, all of my stuff is out finally. Literally just as you made that post.

Cool good job. Wow folks look at that a repair shop that registered!!! Now i can start reffering folks. Now wasnt that easy jason LOL
Now about my buddy from work with the Vdub problems LOL

So, no other manual trans shops out there that folks have personal experience with?

Ummm what?
I want to know right now.:squint:

LOL! It has nothing to do with yours! I said 5-spd, not 6-spd.

Although it would be nice if 2Bennett would return my call.

Also, you need to do the Dunnville thing next go-round. Very well run, and no worries about someone punting your grocery-getter.

I just realized you left a voice mail… yesterday. :smash2:

why not just source a used replacement?

I’ve got a few that I can get, but they’re pretty heavy money due to relative scarcity. So, just trying to weigh out alternatives for my customer. I believe the section of case that I need runs right around 180-200 bucks, so I’m still leaning that way.