Looking for a new computer...

Im sick of my slow old laptop, so im looking at getting a new desktop to take the place of using my laptop.

What i use the computer for-Basically surfing the internet and dling lots of music, i hardly if ever play games so that’s not something im looking for in a computer.

What would you suggest as far as new computers go.

And if anyone is feeling bored and wouldn’t mind specing me out a computer and ill just build it my self.

Looking to spend around $600.

How much music we talking?

for $600 you could build a nice computer

id like at least 500gb of storage

Do you need the accessories too? (Monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc) or just the box?

If it’s just the box, $600 is VERY do-able for something that will work great and be upgradeable if you start gaming or doing more with it.

Sent ya a text, get ahold of me later Jeff.

Jeff, you can do a lot right now with $600 if you are just building a rig w/o monitor and all that other shit.

whats the laptop? I have a bunch of desktop components I’d trade to you for the laptop if it’s not too ancient

its a hp laptop i bought it a few years ago, but if i get a new desktop ill keep my laptop to use if i have to travel or anything…

and i dont really need a new monitor, i have a 21 inch right now but down the road ill upgrade to a flat screen and i love my keyboard and mouse so all i would need is the computer.

with 600 you could get quad-core computer with > 500GB HDD. Also with 6GB+ RAM.

i just buil mine for $632 shipped to my door.

• E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.gayhertz
  • 2 GB Geil EVO memory
  • gigabyte p45 something or other
  • MSI OC Nvidia 9800gt
  • Case with cheesy 550w PS with enough V on the rails to support the card.
  • 250GB SATA

I’ve got my recent build i was about to try and get rid of. New i7 processors are out, time for me to upgrade :wink: I have this computer right now with a blu ray/hd dvd drive and a 1tb drive in it using it as an HTPC. Never had a problem with it, system is rock solid. (blu ray drive and 1tb drive are staying with me though)

AMD 9950 125w (fastest amd processor out, compares to the q9300)
4GB DDR2 OCZ SLI ram
Foxconn A7GM-S motherboard
500watt PSU in raidmaxx case
lite on dvd/rw dl
Legit Vista Premium OEM (sticker on case)

Right now the OS is on a 300GB velociraptor drive, but if you want more space here’s what i would want for this one.

550$ for the computer as it is now. 450$ without the velociraptor HDD. (you can get a 750gb, maybe even a 1tb drive for 100$ right now…)

If you want a monitor/keyboard/speakers, i have an acer 19" monitor thats been in the box for over a month now (again, it’s an htpc connected to my tv w/ hdmi cables), Microsoft 6000 series wireless laser mouse and keyboard (awesome combo, read the reviews) a cheap set of insignia speakers, and a year of kaspersky internet security.

for that listed above, 750$ w/ 300gb hdd or 650$ without.

There’s also a few people on here that will speak for the quality of my builds, and pm oasis24-7, he has my last build (check my threads in the classifieds if you want to know more about it)

let me know if your interested, before i start whoring it around to a bunch of forums.

I see what you did there…:snky: Have any video cards laying around?

dont worry lol, you have a pm thats been in the works since i got yours :wink: i’m just trying to add everything up to see how much my mistake could hurt me…

You could buy something on eBay for $900 and only pay $600 right now.:wink:

wat why?

Great Idea…get something that usually doesn’t have a warranty, from an unreliable person with no exchange policy…pfff ok.

MKE I pm’ed you yesterday, just an fyi

i UGHed at you.

Oh you intel humper, unblock me so I can harass you more!