Looking for a new receiver...

lol,anyone who buys any electronics should go to a place that actually has the product so you can test it out before you plop a few weeks of pay down.Check reviews on audio forums too.

Your ears might actually prefer the sound of a $500 setup over a $1000 setup.

Can you double check that coupon code? I tried submitting it and it didn’t recognize it on amazon.

UHM, you must really suck at shopping, most are in the $1k-$2k range because people are not that big fans of them, plus compared to most of the other stuff we were talking about, $4k for the top model is extremely entry level and about 1/8 the price of krell’s top of the line stuff

How do the yamaha 661/861 stack up against the onkyo 605/705/805? I like the Ipod integration on the yamaha. I don’t know if the onkyo has this feature. Is the 661 too budget a setup for 600 series B & W (683 f, htm61 c, 686 r)?

onkyo does have the ipod integration, along with sat radio and a bunch of other things.

be prepard to pay for B&W speakers, but you get what you pay for :slight_smile:

I already priced those out and I figure I will get a lot of years out of them so I’m not too worried about spending a little more now.

Are you saying that I should stick with onkyo then? Any good reason to step up from 705 to 805? I don’t think the extra power helps me, they both have 3 HDMI inputs etc. It looks like I would pay roughly $600 for the 705 or $800 for the 805.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-opBphhe0zMh/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=10420&s=0&cc=01&hidesimilar=y&compareitems=580TXS605S&removeitems=580TXS605S&compareitems=580TXS705B&compareitems=580TXS805B

Here are the differences between the 705 and 805. Anything of importance here?

you are going to want to over watt the B&W speakers, basically the 600 series is rated at 125, this is me going off the top of my head, personally I would go 150 peak to each, but other than that there isn’t much of a difference.

I would get which you can find at a better price

The 705 is going to be less as it’s a lower end model. I just want to make sure there aren’t any useful features/upgrades that I get when I step up to the 805.

no I meant which you could find for a better deal, basically which you could get for a better percentage off

Why did you decide to go for the 805 over the 705? I have narrowed it down to these two at this point. Also, I was going to get the integrated Ipod adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-DS-A2X-Remote-Interactive-iPod/dp/B000SQMD38/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b/105-6228722-4542818). Do you have it or can you comment on it’s quality?

Im sorry i dont deal with apple crap, so i cant comment on the adaptor. I went with the 805 cause i got a great deal on it, also for the video bandwidth, but that shouldent stop you from getting the 705 as they are pretty much the same, the 705 has a bit less power also.

Let’s complicate things a little more… I am now considering the Marantz 7002.

Another good Choice. Cant go wrong with Marantz.

My Brother in laws home theater is all Marantz its a couple years old and sounds great, but this is comparing it you the lower end systems that I usually listen to, so this is probably little help to you…

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=901489&page=2